GU10 Bulb reccomendations

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking on eBay for GU10 bulbs but with the different prices and different quantities I haven't a clue what's a reasonable price. Can anyone recommend any please? They are to go in the kitchen and there are 4 spots so I don't need massive watt ones?

Thanks!

I've got two different types of gu10 led buillbs in our lounge on the wall lights I have 80 led 5w eqv. 50 watts, the where about £6.99 for a lighting store in leeds they give a wide arc and ok for watching the tv ect. In the main lights I have 3 5w smd lights bought in Homebase and they give narrower beam but are far brighter. I paid £4.25 each bulb when they where on special and they are fantastic.

You looking for LED ones mate ?

Not necessarily LED as I thought they tended to be more expensive? Unless you buy them from China and then if you get some that actually work its a miracle.

Just some that work and are cheap and cheerful?

Screwfix do standard GU10 halogen (50w) for £8.99 per box of 5 - that's a typical price.

I have been using LEDHUT for a while now.

Let me be blunt, the ones from ebay are going to be shit.

They will work.

But if you spent a little more and bought these:
https://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights/gu10-led-bulbs/new-4-5-watt-gu10-cob-bulb-wide-beam-angle.html

You would be buying a very nice bulb with a 5 year warranty.

I have tried all sorts of bulbs and for the money these are my favorites, not the best though (unless you want to spend about £18) but very good bulbs.

Mick

Say what you really think - don't hold back :)

Will have a geek... There's just soooo much choice out there all with different outputs etc it becomes a pain. Bring back the old school bayonet :)

Why would you use anything other than led these days, standard old type gu10 50w or a led equiv. 5-7w power consumpstion.

Why would you use anything other than led these days, standard old type gu10 50w or a led equiv. 5-7w power consumpstion.

Indeed. I posted cheap, reasonable quality GU10 lamp prices but wouldn't use them myself. I've replaced every single one in my house with LED. Upfront cost is high but save 90% in running costs. Of course, you have to factor in how much the lights are on but I broke even in under a year :)

I've been using LED gu10 in the bathroom and bedroom spotter, they are from home bargains 2 for a £5 they are the 5 watt ones and have been working great. Have also bought the 7 watt for the front room stand lamp which is also great, these cost a £5 for one.

Back