iPhone GreenPois0n RC5 iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak for Windows & Mac

is it possible to unlock iphone4 with this jailbreak.

hi iv just done this jailbreak on an iphone 4 but now i need to activate it without a sim in, is there anyway i can do it!

hi iv just done this jailbreak on an iphone 4 but now i need to activate it without a sim in, is there anyway i can do it!

without a sim you will need to hacktivate it using a custom ipsw file
redsn0w can do this for you
there are some guides on the net like this youtube vid : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3Fapf_Grc]YouTube - Hacktivate iOS 4.2.1! *Untethered*[/ame]

thanks gents ill try what you's have suggested when i get home, iv downloaded red snow but realised i had to download the ipsw which is a massive file i believe, can any of you point me in the direction of the file i need as the redmondpie page i was on didnt have it!

thanks gents ill try what you's have suggested when i get home, iv downloaded red snow but realised i had to download the ipsw which is a massive file i believe, can any of you point me in the direction of the file i need as the redmondpie page i was on didnt have it!

get the firmware from here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

this is the 1 you will need : 4.2.1 (4): iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

the file is around 150mb and will take anything from 15 to 30 mins to download depending on you inet speed

right guys tried doing the things suggested, but to no avail, so dug out an old sim card and cut it up and got past the no sim bit, it activated straight away, and its on 4.1 so now i need to find a jailbreak for 4.1, or whats the best way to go about it, all help appreciated!

right guys tried doing the things suggested, but to no avail, so dug out an old sim card and cut it up and got past the no sim bit, it activated straight away, and its on 4.1 so now i need to find a jailbreak for 4.1, or whats the best way to go about it, all help appreciated!

it didnt work because i thought you was on 4.2.1 lol
green posi0n or limera1n will do it

How To: Jailbreak 4.1 Using GreenPois0n Guide - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog

or https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/247227/

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought that too, lol, but obviously at 1st i couldnt get into the phone to see, but i thought id try this jailbreak on the off chance and it worked so i assumed it was 4.2.1 aswell, well it said it had worked, but on getting past the no sim screen it hasnt done anything. iv found limerain exploit for 4.1 so gunna try that now, thanks for links!

Last edited by a moderator:
no worry's
let me know how get on
used the limerain and it worked sound, installed cydia, but iv forgotten how you get installous on from there, can you help with that, and also how do i delete the loader as when i hold it down theres no x in the corner to delete it, been a while since iv messed about with these phones having moved to android, lol!

to remove the loader open it and there is a "edit" tab, press it and choose delete.
for installous open cydia...let it do its thing then it will shut down
re open it and choose "user" let it update itself
then goto "manage" "sources" press the "edit" tab , then "add"
and add this url: "http://sinfuliphonerepo.com" without quotes
accept the warning and let it download the new packages
then when its reloaded either search for installous or goto sections and scroll down for sinfuliphone
you will find the latest installous 4 in there
it will also install appsync at the same time

right well this is weird, went to type in the repo addy, and got to the p button, and it wont for the life of me let me click the p, every other button on the keypad works except the p, lol. is the display nackered or is there a way to recalibrate it or something!

edit: managed to get the repo added by copy and paste but funny how the p doesnt work, lol!

Last edited:
right well this is weird, went to type in the repo addy, and got to the p button, and it wont for the life of me let me click the p, every other button on the keypad works except the p, lol. is the display nackered or is there a way to recalibrate it or something!

can only think of doing a reset through settings or checking the keyboard settings
funny you should say this
i had a 3gs a few months back, the screen would work perfect, could select everything on screen untill the keyboard was open, then the entire bottom row of the keyboard wouldnt work even tho you could select apps from the dock (bottom row) when the keyboard was closed
i posted on sinful and a guy said it could be the digitizer, but im puzzled how that can be when the touch screen works at the bottom perfectly apart from the keyboard

a link to digitizer probs http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/iphone/articles/83072.aspx

Last edited:
can only think of doing a reset through settings or checking the keyboard settings
funny you should say this
i had a 3gs a few months back, the screen would work perfect, could select everything on screen untill the keyboard was open, then the entire bottom row of the keyboard wouldnt work even tho you could select apps from the dock (bottom row) when the keyboard was closed
i posted on sinful and a guy said it could be the digitizer, but im puzzled how that can be when the touch screen works at the bottom perfectly apart from the keyboard
funny like, every other button works except that, yet the screen looks and works fine everywhere else, might try a reset now i know how to get it back to where it is, would it be worth me updating to 4.2.1 or not, and if so how would i do it mate!

funny like, every other button works except that, yet the screen looks and works fine everywhere else, might try a reset now i know how to get it back to where it is, would it be worth me updating to 4.2.1 or not, and if so how would i do it mate!

i tried updating mate and it made no difference
the latest update through itunes is 4.3.1 so i would decline for now

the hard reset didnt work for me either but it may for you as its only 1 letter out on the keypad......fingers crossed

other than that it may be worth having the digitzer replaced
never done 1 myself but only about £25 in shops to do iirc

Back