green screen pli 3.0

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys anyone else had problems with open pli 3.0 with sim A8P dm800se.
what it looks like to me is i updated box today and it started crashing.green screen was indicating to time-shift.
so i flashed latest image again and it updated on start up but after i installed time-shift etc it started crashing again.
so there seems to be a problem with perm time-shift in relation to an update in openpli 3.0.
The answer i guess is dont use perm timeshift but thats no good for me as i want to have time-shift etc so i have flashed DBUK 2.1.2 for genuine box and all is good.
shame though as i am a fan of openpli.

Hi guys anyone else had problems with open pli 3.0 with sim A8P dm800se.
what it looks like to me is i updated box today and it started crashing.green screen was indicating to time-shift.
so i flashed latest image again and it updated on start up but after i installed time-shift etc it started crashing again.
so there seems to be a problem with perm time-shift in relation to an update in openpli 3.0.
The answer i guess is dont use perm timeshift but thats no good for me as i want to have time-shift etc so i have flashed DBUK 2.1.2 for genuine box and all is good.
shame though as i am a fan of openpli.

I think the problem might be that some of the plugins are not completely compatible with openpli 3.0,

Have you asked on the pli forum? Don't say you are using a clone though ;)

what is the front processor you got mate

i hear front processor version 3 is a handful

but probably will be a plugin

sorry to hear that, been thinking about going 3.0 myself, but i've also heard of certain plugins' incompatibility with 3.0 so i think i'll leave it a while now but thanks for the feedback.

... shame though as i am a fan of openpli.

i'm sure dbuk is based on openpli, albeit 2.1!

I have had a look but nothing on pli. Besides more likely to get it sorted here...the box has been fine running perm timeshift for ages only today has it become a problem after updating box..I will re-install openpli 3.0 this arvo and try AUTOTIMESHIFT plugin. does that work in the same way as P.T.M do you know ??? going to do some experimenting.

I have had a look but nothing on pli. Besides more likely to get it sorted here...the box has been fine running perm timeshift for ages only today has it become a problem after updating box..I will re-install openpli 3.0 this arvo and try AUTOTIMESHIFT plugin. does that work in the same way as P.T.M do you know ??? going to do some experimenting.

Why not put back on an earlier version and dont update,
updates probably dont really offer anything ground breaking at the minute tbh

Why not put back on an earlier version and dont update,
updates probably dont really offer anything ground breaking at the minute tbh

Yes thats what i will do.cheers

Yes thats what i will do.cheers

Job done i have installed openpli 3.0 not installed perm time-shift and all is good.I even updated box with 14 updates and have no problems.
one thing i have just found out is you can pause live tv without a plugin.I thought you needed PTM to do that...

after testing
openpli 3.0 Images for dm800se A8P from 31/04/13 don't work with permanent time-shift plugin and cause green screen boot loop.
interesting.!

Last edited:
Job done i have installed openpli 3.0 not installed perm time-shift and all is good.I even updated box with 14 updates and have no problems.
one thing i have just found out is you can pause live tv without a plugin.I thought you needed PTM to do that...

No m8 normal timeshift is built in :)

But permanent timeshift is different

No m8 normal timeshift is built in :)

But permanent timeshift is different

Its great when you find out something you did not know.And i have had a dreambox since "bloody hell how long!!!"

so how to u pause live tv without a plugin????

na doesn't work on mne, but then ive just realised ive got a different image, that one doesn't like my box for some reason :( !

na doesn't work on mne, but then ive just realised ive got a different image, that one doesn't like my box for some reason :( !

If you press the "Help" button then scroll down to "start timeshift" does that work?

If so either search on here for the modded keymap.xml or else install MultiQuick Button and assign it to whatever button you want from there :)

Did you install it from the feeds?
What is the full name of the ipk you installed? Reasons for asking are below.

-mipsel for oe1.6 images,sim2 images and openpli 2.1(and openpli variants)
-mips32el-nf dm800 oe2.0 images(original)
-mips32el oe2.0 and openpli3.0

Last edited:
Did you install it from the feeds?
What is the full name of the ipk you installed? Reasons for asking are below.

-mipsel for oe1.6 images,sim2 images and openpli 2.1(and openpli variants)
-mips32el-nf dm800 oe2.0 images(original)
-mips32el oe2.0 and openpli3.0

Hi mate... yes i installed from plugin menu.It only states "permanenttimeshift (1.3a)"
Guild me as to where to go to find out the mips for sure.
cheers.

Last edited:
There is a long thread on openPLI about the issue. Anyway, version 1.3b is out. Hopefully someone who is a member there can download and upload here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

There is a long thread on openPLI about the issue. Anyway, version 1.3b is out. Hopefully someone who is a member there can download and upload here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Dear mrAbu Baniaz many thanks my man i am a member and have downloaded new ipk..been having a read myself but never got to there ha ha..now time to test.
cheers AJT

UPDATE:removed PTM 13a and installed PTM 13b Updated box with 13 updates not unlucky for me as everything is now fine.No green screens great stuff many thanks mate.

Last edited:
Dear mrAbu Baniaz many thanks my man i am a member and have downloaded new ipk..been having a read myself but never got to there ha ha..now time to test.
cheers AJT

UPDATE:removed PTM 13a and installed PTM 13b Updated box with 13 updates not unlucky for me as everything is now fine.No green screens great stuff many thanks mate.

It will be grand now till the next update breaks it again lol

Back