Government grants on fridge freezers.

delambo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Found a post in a forum (which has since closed) some time ago about an energy efficient fridge freezer for £50 with a government subsidy. At the time I did not need a new one, but now I do! Does anyone here know anything about this?

Could be possibly true, offers like these are made to those on benifits... maybe worth contacting your councils environment dept to see if they have any info

have a look at this m8 it for nottingham though might be worth contacting local council with the document in hand to see if they do it aswell its one of the last few pages but its from 2001 so i would edit that bit out lol

Heard About This Before Somewhere

Read about this before a while ago. I beleive it was a scheme between one of the big electrical retailers and someone else maybe the Government whereby people in receipt of certain benefits could replace there old fridge/freezer for a more energy efficient one at a vastly reduced rate. I also beleive that you had to cut the mains cable off at the point where it came out of the appliance to render it unuasable. I haven't seen anything advertising it for a while though.

Rob.

yes this was true but it was free, or was round here, you had to be on benefits and your old fridge/freezer had to be a danger or bad door cells lol that did not take much to sort out

Cheers guys! I wonder if "family allowance" counts as benefit, as it is now called child benefit!

delambo said:
Cheers guys! I wonder if "family allowance" counts as benefit, as it is now called child benefit!

No i dont think it does lol
they mean a main or only income into the home.
but iv not seen this offer for along time

always the bloody same! If you don't work you get the whole world for free from the state!

Back