Got my 360 now how to mod?

ur lucky

i got a fookin hitachi 78k

now they are hard

urs

is fully moddable with stealth firmware .etc

enjoy ur 360 m8y

how u can u tell which drive u have and detemnbetwen the different hitachi drives and has anyone used one of these usb things of here !

h**p://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/876/1/

dying to try and mod mine
need help though what hardware do i nee to get it done ?

ur lucky

i got a fookin hitachi 78k

now they are hard

urs

is fully moddable with stealth firmware .etc

enjoy ur 360 m8y

Thats good news! . . . Not for you of course but for me
and lets face it thats all that matters now innit lol
Sorry fes,
i had to,
I'm feeling playfull
ha ha ha.

Whats this you say about stealth? doesent it come in the patched fw you load to the dvd? or do i need to do additional things to it to play online?

Clive.

Ok guys its not going too good :(, here's what's happend so far:

dissasembled the 360, I've got a Toshiba Model TS-H943 dvd drive :)
made an earth lead and installed sata drivers from mainboard disk (Mainboard has a Via PT880 chipset with an onboard VIA 8237 SATA Chipset )
Made a bootdisk with MTKFLASH on it
dissed the IDE drives and tried to backup the dvd drive but couldnt (no hex modding done to the MTKFLASH bootdisk is this why?) or was it the command:
mtkflash r backup.bin
checked the setting of the drive but i couldn't get it set to NATIVE in bios just said sata raid :(

SATA.jpg

So guess from this i should have:
0611493100E800E0 to edit somewhere into a directory on the bootdisk?

Any pointers lads?

Last edited:
I didnt use an earth lead but i used a pci card rather than an on board

the command is :

mtkflash r /m ORIG.BIN

dont miss the spaces ;)

i had this on me lappy whilst flashing my drive (same as yours):

'THIS MS-28 GUIDE IS SIMPLE AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR OPENING THE DRIVE OR PERFORMING ANY SOLDERING!!!!!

In this step you will backup the DVD drive's original firmware should you ever need to use it again. Once you have backed it up, I would recommend making multiple copies of it and storing it in a safe place!

For this step I recommend disconnecting all IDE harddrives and leaving 1 CD/DVD ROM plugged in on an IDE channel, this will help us slighly shortly.

Switch OFF! XBOX360 if on and remove the SATA cable from the back,
Power ON! XBOX360.
Power OFF! PC and connect a SATA cable to the motherboard/SATA PCI card.
Power ON! PC with boot disc in drive (make sure floppy drive is set to boot as 1st device!)
Select Option 4 ( Clean Boot )
At the A:/ ( DOS Prompt ) TYPE: mtkflash r /m ORIG.BIN
Connect the SATA cable to the XBOX drive.
Press ENTER
You will be asked to select either 1 or 2 (IDE or SATA or vice versa), make sure you only choose SATA option. Dont hit ENTER just yet.
Now turn the XBOX360 off!
Now choose the SATA option and HIT enter, it will start searching for the drive.
Count in seconds 1-10.
After 10 seconds turn the XBOX360 back on.
This will now BACKUP your drives original firmware. This can take a few minutes, be patient.

Now turn off the PC and then turn off the XBOX360. Boot back into Windows.

In Windows, copy orig.bin to same directory as this release (same directory as xtrem42a.bin/Xtreme42b.bin and X360SAM.exe)

In the next step you need to decide what version (A or B) of the 4.2 firmware you will use. Here is the differences.

FOr Xtreme 4.2A default backup Read Speed is same as original game disks 12x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Quiet/Slow
Read mode, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed (12x). Quiet/Slow Read Speed is for quiet operation
and/or cheap DVD+R DL media.

FOr Xtreme 4.2B default backup Read Speed is Quiet/Slow 2-4x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Fast Read mode 12x,
Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed for backups (2-4x).

Double click "Make X42a.bin" or "Make X42b.bin" to create x42a.bin (Xtreme4.2A firmware with your key from orig.bin) or x42b.bin (Xtreme4.2B firmware with your key
from orig.bin).

Copy x42a.bin or x42b.bin to boot disk. Now for the writing new firmware:

Switch OFF! XBOX360 if on and remove the SATA cable from the back,
Power ON! XBOX360.
Power OFF! PC and connect a SATA cable to the motherboard/SATA PCI card.
Power ON! PC with boot disc in drive (make sure floppy drive is set to boot as 1st device!)
Select Option 4 ( Clean Boot )
At the A:/ ( DOS Prompt ) TYPE: "mtkflash w /m x42a.bin" or "mtkflash w /m x42b.bin"
Connect the SATA cable to the XBOX drive.
Press ENTER
You will be asked to select either 1 or 2 (IDE or SATA or vice versa), make sure you only choose SATA option. Dont hit ENTER just yet.
Now turn the XBOX360 off!
Now choose the SATA option and HIT enter, it will start searching for the drive.
Count in seconds 1-10.
After 10 seconds turn the XBOX360 back on.
This will now write your drives new firmware. This can take a few minutes, be patient.

When done turn off PC and then XBOX360 and then you can test with a backup game.

I have personally done this myself and it has worked excellent!'

thats the guide i used Clive it worked a treat only problem you might have is either ur mobo sata is incompatible (i'm sure you've looked into it) or mtkflash.exe needs editing with your sata info heres the link to find out what you need:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=514126

: gun :

Great tut from english there. the only thing I would add is that if useing an onboard sata card. then at the mtkflash commands. after the /m use /sata too

ie

mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin
mtkflash w /m /sata hacked.bin

etc.

other then that english nailed it on the head.

I've attached the mtkflash I use with my via. See if it works for you.

Thanks a lot for that tut english and the advice Fuas, I'll give it a go tomoz, does this mean that the sata setting in my bios being "sata raid" is ok and do i need to edit out a file with my controler bytes in is not needed either?

Clive.

Thanks a lot for that tut english and the advice Fuas, I'll give it a go tomoz, does this mean that the sata setting in my bios being "sata raid" is ok and do i need to edit out a file with my controler bytes in is not needed either?

Clive.

thanks your welcome .. think i'll leave it to the people with on board sata's to answer those questions Clive :)

does this mean that the sata setting in my bios being "sata raid" is ok and do i need to edit out a file with my controler bytes in is not needed either?

Clive.

NO. it MUST be set to either NORMAL or IDE whatever setting is there. if its raid it wilnt detect the drive at all afraid.

also it may help to have another device on say the IDE chan for the card to detec the port to give a choice.

Fuas.

There doesn't seem to be an option to change the sata setting to anything else in bios ? erh! what do i do?
Clive.

if there is no setting. then just set to enabled. it should still be ok. dont dissable tho. pc would then think there was no card installed.

ahhh Fuasy ;D saves the day!. How u been Fuas? I havent spoke to you for a while ur always afk ;) lol. me and clive saw some dual layers yesterday in pc world £30 for 5 wtf?. Do u know any cheaper places at all m8. maplins was the same price :(. Oh and u dont need to disable all the ide channels then?.

Great tut from english there. the only thing I would add is that if useing an onboard sata card. then at the mtkflash commands. after the /m use /sata too

Fuas when i was helping clive i typed mtkflash r backup.bin and i tried mtkflash /sata so u need to do that m command then? lol. I got the tut off xbox-scene hehe.

Last edited:
Lo ben

yes you MUST.. MUST do the /m
it means read multi banks. if dont use it will only read/write the first 1/4 of the chip.

check out svp.co.uk and ukdvdr.co.uk for disks. but aye dual layer are expensive. esp for verbs and there a very short stock of them about atm.

Oh cool thanks m8, Bloody xbox-scene they could have said that in the tutorial :p. I typed mkflash in when it booted up etc and i saw all the options just was not sure what was what. I didnt wanna play about incase clives xbox blew up lol ;).

ahh your close to him? if want tonight shout us in the usual place and I'll take ya thou it all real time. prolly easer :)

just let us know. ya know where :)

Lol it depends in what way u mean close. If u mean in a backstreet boyz kind of way no ;D. U sure u dont mind helping?. U helped me a little a while back with the normal xbox. Btw i fixed it :p it some how hid some files... even tho we formatted it rofl. Im just popping out ill be i the usal place in a bit ok m8 ill msg u there ;). Thanks

Back