Got my 360 now how to mod?

clive58

Inactive User
Reaction score
:hubbahubba: I've got my nice new 360 package in now : spook : its got the 20gig HD etc and I don't know what the best way to mod it for backup ;) games is.
I would like it to be able to go on the net for gaming etc if possible so nothing that would feck that option up and i would also like the best and most reliable way to do it.
I'm handy with a soldering iron so thats no problem if needed.
What info do you need from the box etc?
It has a Toshiba/Samsung drive ;)
Clive.

Last edited:
From sticky-360 firmwares ss.bins and links

Download this files from number 7, 15, 16 good luck!

yep just flash the drive no need for soldering......(IGNORE INFORMED AND SEEN YOUR DRIVE MAKE)just have a read about to make sure you dont have one of them new drives, ie check manufacture date(IGNORE, THAT'LL TEACH ME TO READ THREADS FULLY)

Last edited by a moderator:
and make the first game you play on live gears of war so me and thommo can have some fun with your corpse,and give us a nudge if you need something

hes got a sammy thommo so hes safe on that front

oh didnt see i only glanced over his post i read the first reply fully tho lol,

and yes get it done and get gears down, we need more donor corpses lol.

EDIT PMSL, I JUST REALISED WHAT YOU MEANT BY "HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CORPSE", VIOLENT MAN YOUR SICK LOL.

IT IS FUNNY THOUGH AND A GOOD WAY TO UPSET THE OTHER TEAM....

oh and i didnt get to listen to your last xbox message,just checked online at xbox.com and i cant listen to it from there.

This has got to be done! :) it sounds like i'm missing out on a lot of fun.

I'm just going to read the tut about dismantling it properly first before trying and fecking it up lol.

@thommohawk, it sounds like you've been abused in the past by violentj so i suggest an alliance is in order ;) lol we'll get him back lol.

Clive.

@thommohawk, it sounds like you've been abused in the past by violentj so i suggest an alliance is in order ;) lol we'll get him back lol.

Clive.

unfortunately for everyone else me and violent are partners in crime when it comes to the abuse of the corpses lol,

infact i dont believe even when we,ve been on different teams we,ve done it to each other, you,ll see what it is when you get on, until then its a secret lol.

it just slipped my mind for a second what he meant when he posted then bingo as soon as id hit post it twigged lol,

and yes mate your missing a lot of fun, im still waiting for english on here as well, he,s put up the challenge and hasnt even played it yet, voilent mate when english finally sorts himself i feel a double teaming of the finishing move on him, were waiting lol.

gotta say its mainly obnoxious yanks who get it,but pretty much all corpses are fair game,but hey thommo-we could get sjeezy in on the act too-you know what hes like after a bottle of jack

gotta say its mainly obnoxious yanks who get it,but pretty much all corpses are fair game,but hey thommo-we could get sjeezy in on the act too-you know what hes like after a bottle of jack

haha he was on earlier when i was playing

lol he,s not right that bloke, wasnt it him who brought the thing in question to the table? id not seen it till he did it, you know what he,s like once he,s had a few he,s a changed man lol.

english is on my hit list he,s deff getting it lol.........

there,ll be enough dw members on soon to fill a room, could be a good laugh....

pps im going to grab a game in a bit 10 mins or so for a few hours before i after go get the other half from work, then i,ll be on again for the night.

ill prob be on tonight. was playing pimp my ride earlier till it kept freezing after the ghost event (DAMM THING!!!)

off to pick the misses up from work now.

anyway hope you get your 360 sorted clive :Bounce:

sorry clive man weve hijacked your thread with all this corpse abuse talk,but were here if you need us

lol ok mate I'm going to have a go at opening it tomoz, the kids are playing it now and in the morning.
just give me a pointer here, once i've openend it up and got my dvd out and open, which is the best utill' to use on it first or do i need to make that decision after I've found out which version etc it is?

Clive.

Well im going for the modchip option as i also have the toshiba/samsung option found a modchip with only 4 wires to solder and the chip automatically turns off when using an original so perfect for xbox live i just dont want to risk getting banned as ill probablt be playing more online than offline.

h**ps://www.modchip-store.co.uk/MOD-360-Mod-Chip-p-271.html

seriously the chip is no better than the flash,just a differant option-clive if your really struggling mate just send me the drive ill sort you out

Well I've done my drive, but not tested it yet, need to buy some dvd+r dl when I get paid. Gears of War looks like THE game to be playing though, I will have to get my hands on it one way or another ;)

Flashed Xtreme 4.2a on my samsung MS25

Yea i went for chip cause i wont be playing backups online i know you could do the same with flashing the drive just worried the could do something with an update to check your dvd firmware and ban all with hacked firmware so just been cautious on my part

Ooow i dunno, the chip is starting to look good now i've looked into the sata drive lark. I think it might take a bit longer than just tomorrow now.

Clive.

Right after all that talk about abuse lol lets get back to my 360 :) i have opened it and got the dvd drive out (its a Toshiba Model TS-H943) the xbox is a new build, dated 8/2006 only a couple months old, hope this does not pose any probs, anyway going to have a go this afternoon after taking the dog out.
Are there any spacific files i would need for this now?

Clive.

Right after all that talk about abuse lol lets get back to my 360 :) i have opened it and got the dvd drive out (its a Toshiba Model TS-H943) the xbox is a new build, dated 8/2006 only a couple months old, hope this does not pose any probs, anyway going to have a go this afternoon after taking the dog out.
Are there any spacific files i would need for this now?

Clive.

'tis easy to do those drives :) hopes i can help in some way

a specific file may be needed ie. mtkflash edited to suit ur sata card

Back