Got an Apple TV - now what!?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Ive been given an Apple TV box from my sister and was wondering what the chuffin eck to do with it (for her)? Ive got xbmc on my htpc - do I install xbmc onto it? Or is there something else I should do with it? What exactly can you do on these boxes?

Any tips would be great. Also am I correct in thinking that these are used to play movies etc streaming from you apple devices and if you jailbreak them you can still do this?

As said - I know nothing about these but wouldn't mind doing something with it.

Cheers!

dont know alot about these but has to be a 2 or 1 model to jailbreak

use one of these myself Quad Core Android 4.2 Rockchip RK3188 Mini PC Smart TV BOX Media Player 2GB/8GB | eBay

Cool yeah ordered a similar device from aliexpress which is android but Im keen to try and do something with this apple device. After doing a little reading up it would seem you can jailbreak them and do pretty much what those android jobbies do as well. All Im missing is the remote at the mo so I cant really do a lot, but when I get it I think I'll have a crack at jail breaking it.

Cool yeah ordered a similar device from aliexpress which is android but Im keen to try and do something with this apple device. After doing a little reading up it would seem you can jailbreak them and do pretty much what those android jobbies do as well. All Im missing is the remote at the mo so I cant really do a lot, but when I get it I think I'll have a crack at jail breaking it.
is there an iphone app to work as a remote ?

https://www.apple.com/uk/apps/remote/

Back