Google Chromecast £20 incl FREE Delivery or Ezcast from DW

Can someone explain how to use showbox and XBMC please from android and/or laptop

@Rat If you've the Chromecast app (guess allcast does the same?) installed on yer android device set it to cast yer screen first then open showbow & choose what to watch. Don't use xbmc but must be the same.
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check that out later mate
Thank you :)

Out and about, On the phone

Allcast is a great, supports Streaming to alot of devices

I know what you mean now @HappyH I cast the screen yesterday :) on YouTube you have a cast icon so thought it might need setting up etc :)

XBMC looks like you have to inset urls or something

Click on a film in Showbox just sits there loading and nothing else lol

I never tried showbox when I had my chromecast but xbmc worked through a paid app called avia but not all links are supported

Click on a film in Showbox just sits there loading and nothing else lol

Did that with me 1st time too, came out of showbox & was casting my phone screen to my tv ok, tried showbox again & no problem. Try them individually make sure they're ok separately then cast the screen to yer telly & fire up showbox?
HH.

Yeah that seemed to work @HappyH :) when I started a new film I had to disconnect cast and start showbox again first etc but it seems to work :)

thanks mate

just got mine today set it up and tried Netflix excellent works great full HD movie on my TV,
@joe516 Thank you for the post m8

excellent thanks!!!!
ordered a couple as i love these little devices.
just a shame that amazon prime on demand still wont stream outside apple boxes.

Should be fine with any non-android /google device

when i cast from showbox i untick the use internal player on show box click watch now. List of apps appear i select allcast which shows me all the devices i can send the show box url to. I can select my roku,chromecast,or raspberry pi, my Tv also supports DLNA so i can send the link to the tv directly.

is there any info on what works with this and how to use each program, I have got Netflix working just wondered what else can be done with it, also can you use the cromecast be set up on more than one tablet.

is there any info on what works with this and how to use each program, I have got Netflix working just wondered what else can be done with it, also can you use the cromecast be set up on more than one tablet.

Yes you can set it up with more than one tablet. You can use google chrome broswer on your laptop with google cast from chrome webstore. This allows you cast anything within the web broswer to your tv. More apps are coming out each day and support is growing fast popcorn time (torrent streaming) now supports chromecast.

I have a couple of movies on the tablet but can't seem to find how to send them to the TV via the built in video player, what's best app for that m8

Try allcast there is free version that let's you stream for 5 minutes . I use it to view pictures and videos from my phone. If it works you can upgrade to the full version.

just tried allcast seems to be ok with video but when I view my pictures they all show up sideways on the screen, looked in allcast setting but cant see anything to put them on screen correct way.

Try bubbleupnp its in the app store. My pictures usually display on the TV in which ever way I have taken them. What phone or tablet are you using?

Try bubbleupnp its in the app store. My pictures usually display on the TV in which ever way I have taken them. What phone or tablet are you using?

Its a galaxy tab 3 Tried turning the tablet but the pictures on the TV screen don't change its strange, i will try my ipad 2 later see what that does

Back