Gonna buy a Jasper - And got me CK3 Pro - what else do i need? Cool Runner Etc

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys looking to buy a jasper (some of you know that i was blessed with a xenon for my sins)

I also have a CK3 (not sure if it's a pro or not) will check when i get home!

Just having a look and lost with what i need to buy....."cool runner board" do i have to do soldering or can they be done via USB, there's just loads to learn, and loads to choose from......

Thanks chaps.

re: Gonna buy a Jasper - And got me CK3 - what else do i need? Cool Runner Etc

Dibbers, I just started playing with a jasper.
I used:
CK3i to update Nand-X (have no cable so had to bodge it).
Nand-X to program coolrunner chip, no cable so had to bodge that too. Also use NandX to dump and flash nand.
Coolrunner needs soldering onto mobo, but it's pretty easy.
Tons of info out there and if you're like me, many headaches to look forward to.

Re: Gonna buy a Jasper - And got me CK3 - what else do i need? Cool Runner Etc

dibbers I would stear clear of the jaspers mate as the timings for the RGH/JTAG are pretty shite according to some folks I think oggy was saying that the falcons are the best type for the RGH. Ive just recieved my coolrunner but Im waiting on the cable to update my nand-x I have an opus(slim) which Im gonna do but im holding off for min or two until you can get Freestyle dash to run from boot instead of having to boot into normal dash. ****ing hope they can get a home brew web browser and xbmc onboard asap as I dont see much point in doing it else.

Dibbers, I just started playing with a jasper.
I used:
CK3i to update Nand-X (have no cable so had to bodge it).
Nand-X to program coolrunner chip, no cable so had to bodge that too. Also use NandX to dump and flash nand.
Coolrunner needs soldering onto mobo, but it's pretty easy.
Tons of info out there and if you're like me, many headaches to look forward to.

Yeah i can iamgine mate.....what am i letting my self in for! Just checked and i have a "Xecuter CK3 Pro" ?

dibbers I would stear clear of the jaspers mate as the timings for the RGH/JTAG are pretty shite according to some folks I think oggy was saying that the falcons are the best type for the RGH. Ive just recieved my coolrunner but Im waiting on the cable to update my nand-x I have an opus(slim) which Im gonna do but im holding off for min or two until you can get Freestyle dash to run from boot instead of having to boot into normal dash. ****ing hope they can get a home brew web browser and xbmc onboard asap as I dont see much point in doing it else.

Yeah i seen that Oggy had posted that but there like "hens" teeth at the minute as far as i can see any way.....and then I've just been reading about this "XK3Y" how ever that's quite expensive that like...(see other thread)

Got this "jtag" sitting here it's just it's not HDMI that's all....might keep the attached "300" gig HDD that's attached to it, (in theory that should work as it has everything on it once i get a Jasper jtag HDMI machine? )

Got to get into the cupboard and see what boards and drives i have (if they marry up with each other, but it's one of them cupboards that you just keep putting stuff in!)

ARGGG! just been through the old cupboard and when i was having a look through the boxes that RM kindly supplied, i managed to shove me hand down the side of the box and have pierced the bit in between the finger nail and the finger, that little bit of silver that sticks up around the outsides of the USB slots! went in like about 1cm! squirt of blood, then the pain! have blood all over the shop.....owch owch owch! it's nacking! having to type with one hand here like!

What i do to any one!! I was only looking for a jasper!

Good news looks like i got one , ahh me finga man! tis killing is like!

Just need to see if she'll fire up, have no idea where the drive is like, and i'm just hoping that the drive aint the BenQ that i flashed the 0800 software too for ripping! there is a Liteon on the top of the draws that's been there for ages and ages so i guess i'll fire it up and see if it's that one! hope so, but knowing the way my luck is going i'm not confident!

Arg......finger killing me like, killing i say!

IMG_0048.jpg

Last edited:

Evening all,
it's been a while since I posted, but as Jasper's were mentioned, I thought I'd chip in,
Got meself a nand-x and coolrunner delivered on Wednesday and yesterday I decided have a go at me Elite (Jasper 16mb)
Nand-x is the updated one (New V3 Code), so all was OK there.
Never had a cable to program the CoolRunner, so one was temporarily bodged - will probably get a proper one when they become available.
Nand-x was installed using the QSB method.
I followed this video tutorial and all went surprisingly well.
Booting times were anything upto around 2-3 minutes, so after a spot of googling, I found I should try a 68nF or 0.068uF ceramic cap soldered to points A and GND on the CoolRunner, went to local Maplins today and they didn't have any, the fellar behind the counter say's to try a lower one, he sell's me a 0.047uF, I solder this to the 2 points and it starts to boot everytime within 5 seconds.
So with xbox booting fine I then learn how to install games to hdd, then I read about dashlaunch and freestyledash, manage to get these installed and get it booting straight to freestyledash, only to find that xbox is freezing just after booting into freestyledash.
Only thing I can think of is the capacitor is not the recommended one, so I snip one of the legs and long boot times re-occur, so on next boot up, I hold the snipped leg together and turn on xbox, as it boots quickly, I then let go of the leg and all runs smoothly, no freezing.
Now that is most probably not the way to do it, but it works for me until I can get the recommended cap.

Last edited:

If I had a choice, for an RGH console it'd be a slim, jasper then a falcon.

While falcons glitch better than jaspers, the reliability of the jasper sets it higher on the list, even more so as the jaspers problems are usually getting it to glitch initially.
Once is actually glitching its fine.

ARGGG! just been through the old cupboard and when i was having a look through the boxes that RM kindly supplied, i managed to shove me hand down the side of the box and have pierced the bit in between the finger nail and the finger, that little bit of silver that sticks up around the outsides of the USB slots! went in like about 1cm! squirt of blood, then the pain! have blood all over the shop.....owch owch owch! it's nacking! having to type with one hand here like!

What i do to any one!! I was only looking for a jasper!

Good news looks like i got one , ahh me finga man! tis killing is like!

Just need to see if she'll fire up, have no idea where the drive is like, and i'm just hoping that the drive aint the BenQ that i flashed the 0800 software too for ripping! there is a Liteon on the top of the draws that's been there for ages and ages so i guess i'll fire it up and see if it's that one! hope so, but knowing the way my luck is going i'm not confident!

Arg......finger killing me like, killing i say!

View attachment 62170

LMAO you are funny mate but that does hurt like ****ing hell Ive done that before its a complete bitch and stings like hell

Blah blah blh, whine like a girl, blah blah, more whining. :p

View attachment 62170

You get the Key/ OSIG when you RGH anyway, also you can change the keyvault, too ;)

Yeah, that's a Jasper and a Xenon?

Oh and yes, it hurts like a bitch those metal prongs. and there are so many of the bastards, every single 360 hurts me in some form.

Thanks for that Oggy the Xenon on the right has already been jtagged but it died less than 30 seconds (won't bring up the past on that one!) just going to get my stuff together and see if it'll boot up and then after that I'll need a case and that for it to go on (kicks self for throwing them all away last year!) if it's boots and looks stable then i think I'll move on to getting the bits and pieces that i need....or I'll be sending you a PM if you wanna do it for me! lol...thanks mate...(and for the benefit of the tape fingers all right today! but won't be able to use it to press buttons still!)

it's ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE !

: multi :

IMG_0050.jpg

Back