going mad please help

dazzlet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have softmodded my wii and i want to use usb loader gx but i am having problems.
i have installed the channel on the wii and it loads up, the problem i am facing is i have no idea how to set up the usb hdd the entire drive is formatted as fat32 and thats all..... can someone please help me here with how to partition the hdd (do i need 2 partitions one for the covers and things and one for the games)....if so what kind of partition both fat32?
also when i have downloaded the iso file the game how do i put it onto the fat32 partition of the drive because the iso is larger than 4gb and the maximum is 4gb on a fat32 partition?
also how do i make the usb loader save the covers and things to the hdd instead of trying to save to the sd card that i do not have in the wii anymore because i want to be able to use just the hdd instead.
and finally how do i rip the games that i insert into my wii drive directly to the usb hdd using the usb loader gx channel?

many thanks

Personally I like to use a Wii format partition for the games and a small FAT32 partition for covers and other little bits and bobs. Download WBFS Manager 3.0 and use it to format and mount your game drive. You can then use it to copy ISO's over the game drive and it'll truncate all the crap allowing you to fit far more games in the drive. You can add the covers manually by downloading from a site like wiitdb.com or get USB Loader GX to download them directly

i use cfgusbloader and format my hardrive to fat32 with a folder called wbfs on it for the games the loader takes care of everything putting new games on the hdd press + on the wiimote getting game covers press 1 then 2 on the wiimote and you can still use the hdd for other media

edogg

Back