Glitches in picture

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hello

recently ive been getting break-ups in picture on certain channels. Kind of like when you get bad weather and your signal goes weaker. The dish im using is just a old sky minidish and looks pretty rusted and worn (this will be replaced soon). This only happens on some channels but then sometimes it wont happen.

my question is. Is it most likely the dish or could it be the ccam server im using causing the glitches as i dont want to replace the dish knowing ill get the same glitches.

Thanks

more likely to be the server then anything else overloading is the classic from the payserver but they will tell you its not also if the server owner is ftp ing info or adding more tests or clients this will cause glitches as well .
if your signal strenghth and quality are fine and internet is not being used for downloading files as this can also cause glitching
check the ecms when it glitches as if they peak over i think its about 500 to 600 depending on cam used then glitching will occur make a note of channels etc and then speak server owner say its glitching on what channels and ecms are high etc whatever your ecms where .
and try a test from other servers to see if better than you have and if find a better one go with that and get rid off the bad one

does it happen on fta channels?
if yes then its your equipment,
if its just the premium channels then first thing you need to do is check your ecms.
can usually be found at
your.box.ip:16001

thanks for responses guys. and yes it happening on the FTA channels. watching fiveus now and im getting slight glitches but not as bad as one some premium chans. So it could be my dish.

Current time 22:16:51
NodeID: e8396670250cc361
Uptime: 15151d 21:16:32
Connected clients: 0
Active clients: 0
Total handled client ecm's: 0
Total handled client emm's: 0
Peak load (max queued requests per workerthread):

these are the results i got

Thanks again

Last edited:
if u click on shares or servers on that page im guessing u have a cline so just check ecm times when it glitches if no c line then defo ur dish or box

how do i check ECM's to the servers that I'm connected to?

all is see on the servers page is:
+-----------------------------+------------+---------+--------+----------------+-------+-------------------------------+
| Host | Connected | Type | Version| NodeID | Cards | CAID/Idents |
+-----------------------------+------------+---------+--------+----------------+-------+-------------------------------+

and on the shares page:
+-----------------------------+---------+----+-------+----------+-------+-----------------------------------------+
| Host | Type |Caid| System| Providers|Uphops | Nodes |
| | | | | |Maxdown| |
+-----------------------------+---------+----+-------+----------+-------+-----------------------------------------+

I've even got SHOW TIMING : yes written in my cfg :(

Cheers.

now that is strange it should show u servers that u conected too
by the way are u looking at ur server page or ur client box cccam page??

sorry i should have made that clear.
it does show me the servers i am connected to, i just decided not to paste them here to protect them.
i just highlighted all of the column headings to show that ecm times was not one of the pieces of information that my cccam info page shows with regards to the servers that i am connected to.
it does however show me ecm times for clients that are connected to me.
just not the servers that i am connected to.
by the way are u looking at ur server page or ur client box cccam page??

whats the difference?
the headings i pasted here earlier are the same and only headings i see when i go into click "servers" or "shares"

thanks for responses guys. and yes it happening on the FTA channels. watching fiveus now and im getting slight glitches but not as bad as one some premium chans. So it could be my dish.

Current time 22:16:51
NodeID: e8396670250cc361
Uptime: 15151d 21:16:32
Connected clients: 0
Active clients: 0
Total handled client ecm's: 0
Total handled client emm's: 0
Peak load (max queued requests per workerthread):

these are the results i got

Thanks again

five usa is not a fta channel mate this channel is only unlocked by a freesat from sky or sky sub card so this channel is provided by the server unless you have a card in the slot that is dycrypting.
check bbc 1 bbc 2 channel 4 the normal ones to see if glitch but the likes of fiver five usa picktv all need a card to open as not fta allthough they are freevie channels if you know what i mean

have you got cccam info plugin or something similar on box you can use that shows server info like name and hops and ecm as this is all you need to press when viewing and it glitches to get the info

Last edited:
yes i get what u mean about fiveus, my box is a dm500s and to be honest i dont have a clue how to check the above settings you mentioned, im still in the learning process. the image im using is pli jade

Back