Mobile Phones giffgaff

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok who are the giffgaff guru's? do they do a micro sim?is it cheap?what does it run on?ie orange? o2 ? what?

You can get a member to cut you a micro sim if you already have a giffgaff number or if you havent got one one yet I think you can order a microsim. I bought a cutter from amazon for about £6 and works a treat

You can get a member to cut you a micro sim if you already have a giffgaff number or if you havent got one one yet I think you can order a microsim. I bought a cutter from amazon for about £6 and works a treat

many giffgaffers will offer you a microsim on the forums.. you get £5 free credit they get 500 payback points for sending you the sim..

ide offer to send ya one but dont have a cutter tho easy enough to snip down with siscors and a guide

service runs off 02

What is this giffGaff?

Giffgaff are a PAYG mobile provider.. they are a virtual provider much like tesco mobile asda mobil0e etc

however have extremly good rates and a rediculious amout of reward ..

there goody bags which would be your bolton's in o2 basicaly provide you:
x amount of mins
unlimited texts
unlimited net (only Fair usage is not to be used in tether or dongle)
free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts for 3 months after topup
free 0800 calls
and lowest call rates

along with this you get pay back poiints for sending out sims and answering questions on there forums.. and every 6 months you get this back as credit or cash..

im currently got £45 in payback for sending out 6 sims and answering posts on the forum (sims need to be activated )

pop over to giffgaff.com to have a read and if you want a sim pm me and ya get £5 free credit... however that choice is yours as i know affiliate liking is not allowed on DW

Aye i like the £5 goody bag that gets u a free min for every min someone calls u

If GiffGaff is O2 based.
Will I be able to use it on an Iphone locked to O2?
Cheers

If GiffGaff is O2 based.
Will I be able to use it on an Iphone locked to O2?
Cheers

yep drop the chip straight in and will work.. however carrier will still show as o2 as apple havent added giffgaff to the network profider list.. dosent cause any issues tho

Thanks Neorage.
So who wants to send me a simcard then!! (for the points)

how's this for customer service...

i dont really bother with a mobile much, but i have a phone with a giffgaff simcard which had £5.01 credit in it.
i charged it up because the missus has a giffgaff phone, so she can phone me for nowt and i was gonna use my £5 credit to buy a bundle. 60 minutes and 300 text is more than i will use anyways.

last night the missus picks up my phone, rings her phone to get the number and the feckin thing goes onto answer phone and takes 10p off my balance.

so now i'm stuck with £4.91 worth of credit, minimum topup is £10 so i can't really use the £4.91

Last night when i was pished, i thought i would chance my arm and send a message to the customer service agents.
basically said call was made in error and i was disapionted i couldn't buy a goodybag now.. lol (i know, red neck, but i was pished)

this morning i got a text message which read:

Hi ,
Just confirming your £0.10 top-up/payback payment has come through.
Your new balance is £5.01.
Lovely jubbly.

how cool is that! lol

giff gaff are cool like that.. :)

however as u hadnt used the phone in 3 months.. the free gg to gg calls would have expired.. thus why you got charged..

just top the phone up every 3 month to get the free gg to gg calls..

if im not mistaken as well with the hokey cokey goody bag (the £5 one) you get minutes when ppl CALL YOU !! hows that for a service lol

so £10 top up every 3 months and free gg to gg calls :) and if you want to listen to your voicemail for free just use another gg phone to call yours and use the free gg mins to access your vm remotly :p

giff gaff are cool like that.. :)

however as u hadnt used the phone in 3 months.. the free gg to gg calls would have expired.. thus why you got charged..

if im not mistaken as well with the hokey cokey goody bag (the £5 one) you get minutes when ppl CALL YOU !! hows that for a service lol

yea m8,
i hadnt noticed i had went over 3 months, i dont use the phone much lol,

and i made a phone call todat 4 minutes long and they added 3 minutes back on for some reason lol..

aye m8, i'm well impressed.....
ive ordered some sims up and passing them out to family and friends,
i get a fiver for every sim activated, proberly won't need to spend any money for about a year now... ;)

Back