Getting my new dm-800 tomorrow, 1st of many questions

psham

Member ++
Reaction score
Well lads..
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a dm-800, should be here tomorrow.. Really looking forward to getting to grips with it..

My first question is ... will i setup my dish with usals using the image that it comes with out of the box or will i wail till i flash it with the image i'm going to use and then setup usals?

i`d use it fifth image, it`s a really good image and it has sky uk externasl epg built in. or you could use nabilosat blackhole v3.

I'm going to use Lt image alright but what i was asking was will i setup my dish with usals using the image that it comes with out of the box or will i wail till i flash it with the LT fifth image i'm going to use and then setup usals?

I'm going to use Lt image alright but what i was asking was will i setup my dish with usals using the image that it comes with out of the box or will i wail till i flash it with the LT fifth image i'm going to use and then setup usals?

I think you will have to set it up after you have flashed the new image on it.

i`d use it fifth image, it`s a really good image and it has sky uk externasl epg built in. or you could use nabilosat blackhole v3.

he is the image if you haven`t got it. and yes you be better to flash it unless you want to install barry allen and run multi boot like i do.

LT FIFTH Image:- RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Last edited:
setup barry allen after you hav flashed the lt image from the addons menu i think
i have not got a dm800 , but on my dm7025 the images are similar :)

Cheers g0ejl... Can i setup multi boot after i install LT image or does it have to be setup at the start??

as long as you have a image in flash you can install barry allen, it`s best on a usb stick. then you can have multiple images.

here is barry allen: -

cheers lads.. ill have to wait till monday to start as there was no delivery today god damn it.. lol

A good choice rx. I use barry allen with multiboot and have settled with Gemini image mainly for the brilliant skin. I opted not to have a HDD with all the heating issues and USB stick works fine as storage.

Morning!!!
I had a late one last night trying to get everything setup..
I managed to flash with LT 5th image..
Got Tuner installed using usals..
Scanned most of the sats manually.. Real pain in the arse...

Now.. What program do i use to transfer satellite settings/ Channel favourites / Motor settings to the dreambox from my pc?

Morning!!!
I had a late one last night trying to get everything setup..
I managed to flash with LT 5th image..
Got Tuner installed using usals..
Scanned most of the sats manually.. Real pain in the arse...

Now.. What program do i use to transfer satellite settings/ Channel favourites / Motor settings to the dreambox from my pc?

good to hear everythings working. i use dbox edit but don`t forget to set it to enigma 2.

dbox edit here:-

good to hear everythings working. i use dbox edit but don`t forget to set it to enigma 2.

dbox edit here:-
Cheers g0ejl.. Thats transfered all satellite settings.. one problem.. My dish won't move when i change to different satellites.. what could be wrong..
I previously had a tm-6900 and i was picking up all the sats no problem?

yes ok,

go into tuner config
select satelite
select lnb1
put your long and lat in at the bottom
then save

do this for every satelite, and hopefully all should be working ok. i use a postioner which is slightly different.

let us know how you get on.

perfect.. dish moves to all satellites...
Next question? lol
I downloaded cccam2.09, mgcamd1.3d through addons in the dreambox(lt image) and cant seem to get them to work.. what am i doing wrong

are you trying to get it to read a card if so and its the card im thinking of you will need to edit cccam config if just looking to see what it opens you will need to update some key files i think

are you trying to get it to read a card if so and its the card im thinking of you will need to edit cccam config if just looking to see what it opens you will need to update some key files i think

I'm not trying to read a card but just open packages similar to technomate..

youll need to download a softcam file m8, im not sure if the download panel in your image can do this

youll need to download a softcam file m8, im not sure if the download panel in your image can do this

I downloaded cccam2.09, mgcamd1.3d through addons in the dreambox(lt image). and then downloaded satankey bundle to my pc.. transfered keys and scce to var folder on my DM via DCC..
They copied over alright but nothing seems to be opening..
Do i have to download other cams in add-ons or activate a particular one??

for mgcamd the softcam file goes in var/keys m8, then restart cam (normally by pressing green button in cam setup menu) to activate the changes

Back