George Lucas edits Star Wars (again!)

Clinkers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Saw this earlier on: Lucas now has Darth Vader shouting "Nooooo" when he chucks the emperor off the edge, kind of like the stupid "Nooooooo!" in Revenge of the Sith. Is he trying to destroy all my childhood memories? I was seriously considering getting a Blu-ray player just so I could buy the new Star Wars blu-rays, not so sure anymore. Anyone know if this is true or just a fanboy bullshit interweb hoax thingy?

:Angryfire

Lucasfilm Confirms Change to Blu-ray Release of 'Return of the Jedi' - NYTimes.com

I just had a look and he does say Noooo but it's before he chucks him over. He's saying no to the emperor shooting lightening at Luke and it didn't sound too bad. I seem to remember in my VHS copy he says no or oooorrrrrghhhhh as he dumps the Emperor over the side, as if he's in pain, which isn't in this release.

Time to relive some tape 240 line pooness :)

You know, now you mention it, I kind of remember that groan myself. When he falls over after killing the Emperor? Don't have a vcr to check it, but I'm sure you're right. Just finished Simon Pegg book Nerd Do Well, and he says in it he remembers seeing Episode 4 in the title crawl. I'm certain that it just said A New Hope or just Star Wars, and Episode 4 was only added later? Anyway, I'm sticking with the Andywan version where Han shoots first!

Last edited:
You know, now you mention it, I kind of remember that groan myself. When he falls over after killing the Emperor? Don't have a vcr to check it, but I'm sure you're right. Just finished Simon Pegg book Nerd Do Well, and he says in it he remembers seeing Episode 4 in the title crawl. I'm certain that it just said A New Hope or just Star Wars, and Episode 4 was only added later? Anyway, I'm sticking with the Andywan version where Han shoots first!

I seem to remember it saying Episode 4 which I could never understand at the time as to me it was the first in the series. I didn't even know it was called A New Hope until many years later. To me the series was Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

I felt the same as Pegg about episodes 1-3. The episode of Spaced where he burns all his Star Wars stuff still makes me chuckle.

Last edited:
Back