Every Star Wars Movie In HD On ITV HD

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This message is a direct press release from Freesat

Jump aboard the Millennium Falcon and prepare to fight the Death Star as the entire Star Wars movie franchise is coming to a living room near you, in High Definition and subscription free, on the ITV HD service from Freesat, starting 24th October.

Running throughout the month of November and December, the entire series will be airing on ITV HD in consecutive order, beginning with Episode I: The Phantom Menace on 24th October
, culminating with Episode VI: Return of the Jedi in December, and including the terrestrial premiere of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. A favourite of film fans of all ages, this franchise has to be seen in digitally remastered HD.

The Star Wars have generated a universe of their own, from books to video games and has made stars of actors such as Harrison Ford. Originally released in 1977 with Star Wars, followed by The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, director George Lucas returned to Star Wars in 1999 with The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, prequels to the original series.

Other ITV HD highlights on Freesat include films such as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Champions League and FA Cup football.

great stuff but i was watching this on hd on sat and half way through the service stopped for while any1 else have this prob?

I downloaded the full set which was grabbed from a German HD channel in 1080p HD.

As far as I know Lucas has no planes yet to have these films transfered onto Blu-Ray, so I dont know what the source is for the HD broadcasts.

transfered onto Blu-Ray

i'm waiting for that day. the final, full HD, all 6 films, with deleted scenes, plus extras, in a box shaped like an x-wing. awesome.

it will come. one day.

What is the best sequence to watch the six films in?
The order they were made or episodes 1-6.
My son is wanting to watch them because his mates are on about star wars in school but I've never really been a fan, so would like some help.
Cheers

Back