Gas Heater Issues

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been quiet for a while. I had to pop back to England to sort out issues with my gas fire amongst other things.

Anyone had issues with dodgy corgi registered gas engineers?

I have put my property out to rent via an estate agent. The agent gave me details of a Corgi registered engineer who could do my gas and lecky checks and give me the safety certificates.

I called him up before I left for the USA but he never turned up even though he assured me he was turning up. I left it for my cousin to handle. My gas fire is a hole in a wall fireplace and works by remote control only. My cousin could not find the remote so the engineer opened up the gas fire trying to start it up. Obviously that is not going to work.

He disconnected the gas in late December and left it that. When I got to England and to the property early March, the logs and pebbles were left lying on the laminate and the boiler was not working due to the gas off. Lucky no pipes burst during the freeze in Jan and Feb.

Anyways I called him to sort it out. First attempt was poor, I had to call him back. With the heater fully charged up, the pilot clicks and gas comes out but it was not firing. I told him to fix it as it was working before.
He tried and now nothing works, and charger does not fit in properly either.

He blames the remote and done a runner.

I have written to Corgi and complained but not sure what they can do.

The heater bought and fitted cost me £1700 so I am really pissed off.
I am now back in the USA having only come for a week.

I would of thought if the engineer could not start it then he should not of opened it up. I have witnesses which saw the heater working as well as the pilot just clicking which I told Corgi about.

He has issued me with safety certificates but I have informed the agent not to pay him.

From a fully working heater to a piece of crap stuck inside the wall!

Anyone know who else I can complain to?

Bear in mind, I am having to do all this from the states so I can't go to any offices. It is all going to be done via phone and email.

its not corgi anymore m8, although they still exsist they have no clout,
its , gas safe now try there

You need to get another Corgi/GasSafe plumber to come around and do a report on the state of the heating. You'll have to use this report to show to GasSafe if you want to complain about his work.

Thanks. I checked GasSafe and can make a complaint there. The engineer issued me with a safety certificate but considering the heater is not working when he says it is, and he has not seen it work yet then I wonder how he can issue a safety certificate.

Back