game server

P

pipehose

should there be a re think about where the contributions go.as i can see the majority of contribution members seem to play games. and some peeps are a bit retulecant to donate. because the early talks about deciated server was to include a game server. so do we need to up the donations to make this work for us .
regards pipe

I dont really agree with you mate, I havent donated yet, but will do when mickie sorts out his po box, Im not donating for games as much as I love playing them, I just want the forum to stay as it is if not better !!
True dedicated games severs, im talking 30 players +, cost an absolute fortune to run, i've had a look around & the amount of bandwidth/processing required cost serious £££

As you may know im going to have a go at setting up a dedicated server just for games just for you guys, it wont be an all sining all dancing server that will take 30 players + but hopefully will handle a good 15 player match of DW members. I deffo dont want anything for doing this Its just my way of helping you lot out!!

Lets see what unfolds in the next couple of weeks, with any luck Mickie will do us good ( as usual ) with the forum server & I should have something that will run games for us.

Just my thoughts on the subject !!

Regards

WaVeY

i think u will find most members including myself will be paying by cheque so its a bit early to say that certain members arent contributing......soon as mickie has the po box sorted i will have a big red sign by my name as well.......

i understand alot of members thought that we just droped the gameing on the head and left it there but it was not like that at all.

to be honest i really stressed myself out trying to work it into the equasion and to be honest as wavey has said it will cost alot in bandwidth let alone building another server for it !

my main priority is DW and my promise to all you gamers is taht as soon as we get dw sorted i will get a meeting going on with all gamers where we can explore all possibilites and work something out !

and PO BOX will be arranged by friday.

Regards
Mickie

I agree, I didn't contribute for a game server,much as I enjoy playing games.Games is an added bonus on DW that I get chance to play with like minded people.I've no doubt the money will be put to excellent use that will benefit everyone equally,where as creating a dedicated game server will benefit many,but not all.And if your going to upgrade your server to benefit us warmongers Wavey let me know if I can help in any way.

I am only just getting into the online games thing, but my main reason for contributing was to improve the service mickie could provide for us all and to help DW becomes the best forum out there and ensure it stays that way, is that not what we all want ?

P.S I happen to be one of the lucky ones who could pay by paypal (through a friend with an account) but i'm sure everyone who pledged their support will do so when it's right for them

I too will be sending cheque ;) Digital World is much more than just playing games,I like the odd game its fun :) but as I took it the £25 donation was for Digital World ,to make it bigger and better than it already is ,and if Waveys plan comes off we will have the best of both worlds :)
Mickie dont stress m8 concentrate on DW ;)

what we need is our own game server set up for gaming
i know this was discussed during the contribution discussion
and rejected rightly as the money was to be used for the
benefit of all members, and not just all us half crazed nutters
who love shooting things.

think thats clear enough. certainly donating when PO is set up

have to agree with you all. im happy with my donation to make better dw .which is at the moment excellent.. if we had the games it is a bonus. which wavey may have sorted
wavey if i can be of help just ask

zooropa said:
i think u will find most members including myself will be paying by cheque so its a bit early to say that certain members arent contributing......soon as mickie has the po box sorted i will have a big red sign by my name as well.......

zooropa i was not saying members arent contributing
i said reluctant to contribute
im sure all members that said they would contribute will do so for the better of dw

i will sort some cash as soon as i get my dog sorted at the moment uor a lot of u know he is not well
he has meninjitus (think that is how u spell it)

and he is costing me and alma an arm and a leg ( but he is worth it)
up to now vet bills have reached £1400-00

bloody hell there is a server gone lol

so as soon as we can we will be there with u all

latest pics

what a lovely dog david,hope he gets better soon m8....

can he play moh..lol thats what i need to bite scoots and huggis arses...
hope he gets better m8

Hope he's better soon david m8, Ive two myself so I know what it's like, if he's anything like mine I bet he's part of the family.

dave he is getting big i hope he gets better very soon i know what its like i nursed my dog for 9 weeks with parvo virus but shes great and i would not be without her feck me you get attached dont you

not everone can afford the 25 quid which i can understand and as long has we get enough money to keep the site open what does it matter im like a lot of other members as soon as mickie gives a po box address my cheque will be in the post but i think pipehose is out of order saying stuff like that (is it because hes paid)?

i cant see anything wrong with pipehose's posts just expressing an opinion and offering to help as well

yeah comon this is getting silly.

pipehose is not out of order one bit ... i did actually say i would try and do somthing with the donations for games, so its all my fault really i never really thought how much a game server can actaully take :(

so apologies on my behalf but lets not argue amongst our selfs we can sort something out hopefully soon :)

and yes most people will pay who said they would regardless of games server because most people wont use paypal or nochex i can tell you i have had about 20 PM's asking if they can pay at a l8er date because of funds and i said that is fine (of course its fine when people are ready) i have had maybe 10 or more PM's asking if they can pay by PO BOX (cheque) which will be setup friday and i have seen amny posts in the donations room and ere also saying they are willing to pay as soon as i sort out a PO BOX or can they pay when the situation is right for them.

so i would say people are not reluctant to pay its just we have all different situations and finding £25 is not always easy ... as we can see from daves situation also...

comon lets be positive it will only be one time at £25 and hopefully digital world can make an impact and maybe even support it self by the end of the year, or i have a 40 grand job and can pay for it lolololololol.

whatever we do we will be here i promise doing what we do best !

Regards
Mickie

Back