FSD & Transfer Kit

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Planning on buying a new hd for 360. Got a data transfer kit. Does it just clone all the contents or just the partitions? Will it move FSD and settings as well?

google Horizon for xbox360

then you can copy all your things over

format the drive with the xbox first ect (new drive)

are is it a external drive you are going to use ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the record, if this is intended purely for an RGH console without a dual NAND or have an intention of using it on a stock console then no need to buy an official MS HDD. Instead replace the internal HDD with any 2.5" SATA HDD up to a 2TB in size.

google Horizon for xbox360

then you can copy all your things over

format the drive with the xbox first ect (new drive)

are is it a external drive you are going to use ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Just for the record, if this is intended purely for an RGH console without a dual NAND or have an intention of using it on a stock console then no need to buy an official MS HDD. Instead replace the internal HDD with any 2.5" SATA HDD up to a 2TB in size.

It's just for some dlc and installing games to the internal drive. A 120GB from CEX is £35, that's more than plenty. Just don't want the hassle of installing FSD again.

Last edited by a moderator:
why don't you just get a external usb Drive m8

and just use that for putting new games on , you probs will get a bigger drive for your money m8

then just make a new game location on FSD sorted :)

check this out on fleebay

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

New 500GB External Portable 2.5" USB Hard Drive

£39.95 free P&P

Last edited:
why don't you just get a external usb Drive m8

and just use that for putting new games on , you probs will get a bigger drive for your money m8

then just make a new game location on FSD sorted :)

check this out on fleebay

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

New 500GB External Portable 2.5" USB Hard Drive

£39.95 free P&P

It's actually for my dad. He only has a 20gb internal drive and already has a 1tb external for all his games. Now that games like GTA5, Ghosts & BF4 require 1 disc to be installed to internal drive, he doesn't want the hassle of constantly installing and uninstalling the content. Unless there is a way to install both discs to external drive and still get them running?

well looks like you will have to get a new xbox360 hard drive m8

as they will not work on a external drive

have a look in cash converters m8 you can pick them up quite cheep

Last edited:
Just open his existing 20GB HDD caddy, remove the old 20GB HDD and replace it with a standard generic 2.5" laptop HDD similar to one of these:

1TB HDD
500GB HDD
320GB HDD
250GB HDD

There are loads of different prices and offers on there, just get one within your budget. Once replaced into the caddy, install back onto the console and format as normal from settings menu. The HDD will be then visible to your RGH console and will function in the same way as your internal HDD. And you still get to use your external HDD along for other games.

It's actually for my dad. He only has a 20gb internal drive and already has a 1tb external for all his games. Now that games like GTA5, Ghosts & BF4 require 1 disc to be installed to internal drive, he doesn't want the hassle of constantly installing and uninstalling the content. Unless there is a way to install both discs to external drive and still get them running?

well looks like you will have to get a new xbox360 hard drive m8

as they will not work on a external drive

have a look in cash converters m8 you can pick them up quite cheep

As I posted previously, I can get a 120gb in CEX for £35. he's quite happy to pay that. Just means I'll need to re-install FSD. I've never done a Data Transfer before, are there any does and don'ts? Take it everything is transferred over, installed games, profiles, saves etc?

Also one last question. What about the official MS dash? He is running the latest version. I presume the dash is stored in the console and not the HD?

Thanks for your help.

Back