freezes at the sportser logo

poultd said:
hey its just decided i flash..... yipeeeeeeee.... took a while before the process started.. was expecting it to start stright away.. thanks for all your help... had that hammer in my hand...... :mexican:

Thanks all

did ifa work? or you using ftp?

as long as it flashed that's good news...

ifa, it took it's time starting the flash process.. is this normal?

Make sure dbox is contected (croos over or Network). Start IFA and select Image and what network card then press start then leave it DON't close it, Know unplug dbox leave for a few seconds and plug it back in. You should know have flashing on th LCD, leave it untill it is saying Finished on the LCD. UNplug once more - then plug back in you should have you Image.

poultd said:
ifa, it took it's time starting the flash process.. is this normal?

normally takes seconds after start of dbox boot then once 'FLASHING' it takes my box about 5 mins b4 'FLASHING DONE'.....

cheers

I had the same problem aswell, I also used a sportster image. I think the image is corrupt and not mistake of using 1x in 2x box. I flashed using ifa but it only worked with both the null and xover together with the using null modem option in ifa selected to no. ifa really has got a mind of its own. well done for not giving up!

poultd said:
hey its just decided i flash..... yipeeeeeeee.... took a while before the process started.. was expecting it to start stright away.. thanks for all your help... had that hammer in my hand...... :mexican:

Thanks all

Well done mate, congrats for persevering! I think most of us have had the hammer in the hand experience but hey, how satisfying to get it working tho!

Back