Free Microsoft Hardware!! Best Freebie in ages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to your support case with reference number 11********, I'm glad to inform you that I can offer you a warranty replacement for the hardware you're facing difficulties with however I request you to write back to us with the product SKU from your purchase receipt

i received this where do i send sku do i just reply to this email or is they another email to send this info to plz get back to me asap

Look on amazon for the product you want, it should be the model number on there :)

ive got the sku i wanted to know after i got the email asking for it do i just repy to there email with sku or is they anothe contact email i have to send sku to

i seen a similar freebie like this on another site and tried for it on the 6Th of June and i just got it in today ..it was the Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3 i tried for and got so I'm well chuffed with it..but i thought i wasn't going to get it as it was taking its time even tho i got a email from Microsoft on the 11 of June to say they have paced the order and it should take 3 working days after shipping

i have ordered a sidewinder x6 keyboard and x8 mouse anyone got the sku numbers ? thanx matt

Hey guyz, tried this yesterday just for shits n' giggles really without thinking it might actually work for me this tim (normally it doesnt happen for me) but to my amazement i got this email today just need the SKU number for the x6 keyboard now,

Dear Winits,

Thank you for your email.

In reference to your support case with reference number 113*******, I am glad to inform you that I can offer you a warranty replacement for the hardware you're facing difficulties with however I suggest you to write back to us with the product SKU which is located on the hardware or the purchase receipt, in order for us to place an order on your behalf for a replacement.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind regards,

HONOREEN FERNANDEZ

Customer Service Professional |Microsoft Customer Services

Convergys is an independent service provider to Microsoft and is acting under its instructions.

Fingers crossed this works eh?

Cheers for the info O.P

winits

wireless laser desktop 7000 received this afternoon, thanks microsoft

Last edited:
i sent a copy of the amazon recept with a few things altered but still not received anything yet

Good to see people are getting stuff now.
I have an x8 mouse, x6 kb and an 8000 desktop on the way :)

Jama

djjama how long did it take you after sending proof to get email saying they going to replace

here is a copy of the email i got, i cant see this working as they want photos of the faulty item

Thank you for contacting Microsoft PC Hardware Technical Support.

My name is S****** and I would help you with Wireless Laser Desktop 6000.

*****, from the information provided by you in your response and the results of the test that you have tried, it seems that the issue lies with the device. Hence, to resolve this issue, we will go ahead and provide you with a replacement for it.

However, to provide you the replacement and set the warranty date, we need you to provide a copy of the purchase receipt which clearly indicates the date of sale and the name and address of the store from which the device was purchased, as well as the screenshot of the keyboard and mouse showing the Serial Number as well as the Product ID (P/N).
Note: The following items are unacceptable items as proof of purchase: Text documents, Bank or credit card statements, hand-written receipts, and statement from eBay, Amazon Marketplace, or other non-retail forms of evidence.
You can send your proof of purchase and the screenshot of the keyboard and mouse displaying the Product and Serial Number by simply responding to this email with the items requested. Please follow the instructions below:
1. If you have access to a scanner, scan the receipt. You can also use the camera on your mobile phone or a standard digital camera to take a picture of the receipt as well as the back of your keyboard and mouse. Both the receipt and the screenshot of the back of your keyboard are required and the numbers must be clear on files. If you purchased online, a screenshot of the receipt will suffice.
2. Respond directly to this email, including your attachments (the purchase receipt file as well as screenshots). Please note that you must respond to this email for us to proceed with warranty validation. If you do not use the reply option to this email we will be unable to relate your response to your service request and your resolution will be delayed.
3. With the information also include the Product ID (P/N) located on the bottom of the device.
4. Ensure the file (attachment) is less than 1 megabyte in size. If your file is larger, your mail may be rejected by our system.
5. Send your attachment in JPG, GIF, or TIF format. This minimizes the file size, and also ensures that we can open your file successfully.
We will monitor your service request for your response. If we do not receive a response within ten (10) business days, we assume that you no longer need help and the incident will be closed.
If anything in my e-mail is unclear or you require further help, don't hesitate to let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance. I will look forward to your response.

Regards,

S******
Microsoft Product Support Services

To provide additional feedback or to explore more support options, please visit the Microsoft Help and Support Website at: Hardware

Get an exclusive discount with the Microsoft Online Store for a future Microsoft Hardware product purchase. Register Your Product Today and Get 15% Off at the Microsoft Online Store. More information can be found at: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Hardware - Product Registration

anybody else got this and managed to get it sorted, i dont think there is a way round this or is there?

anybody else got this and managed to get it sorted, i dont think there is a way round this or is there?
It looks like they have cottoned on :(

&

@miffew, I didn't need the sku as i did it right at the beginning where a phone call was all that was needed.

Jama

got this email yesterday...

In reference to your support case with reference number 1134080190, I'm glad to inform you that I can offer you a warranty replacement for the hardware you're facing difficulties with.

Please allow approx. 10 days for the package to be delivered once it has been sent from our side. If you haven't received the replacement for 14 days please reply to this email. In that email, I suggest you mention the reference number in your reply.

Many thanks for contacting us.

They haven't asked for proof of purchase though, oh and it is the Wireless Entertainment desktop 8000 :)

Damn damn damn... I've just seen this, none of the PIDs I try are being accepted.
Looks like it's game over :(

I'm typing this from my spanky new x6 ;)

Jama

Just had UPS knock on my door with my brand new Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 8000

had 2 emails from 2 different MS people 1 saying it was on its way the other saying was out of stock so hoping will get another lol

Last time i did this i got 3 new Keyboards the 7000`s

lucky fookers mine still in the all the jumble so i think it will end up being a no no :Angryfire:Angryfire

Thanks for screwing up Microsoft's extremely good and easy returns process with your cheapness (or in DJJama's case, pure greed).

You have just made things extremely hard for people who use the service genuinely and everyone who doesn't hold onto receipts for 5 years which Microsoft used to replace in good faith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back