Frankie Cocozza kicked off x factor

I enjoy watching it because I am interested in singing and music.

So why do you watch the X Factor then?? :Laugh::Laugh:

And Rat I can assure you 100% percent I do NOT watch that crap.

So why do you watch the X Factor then?? :Laugh::Laugh:

And Rat I can assure you 100% percent I do NOT watch that crap.

Maybe you should consider the whole post rather than one sentence.

My interest in music and singing is about more than just listening to stuff that I like or what I think is good. There is a lot to be learned from bad or mediocre singing and many of the singers on x-factor are far from bad singers: some are very good. Marcus, for example, has a fine voice and has real stage presence.

I watch it, its the only time we have family time is when we all watch strictly come dancing then x factor.

I love the family time to be honest, I work allot so do not get allot of time in the week.

It's not great but its quite entertaining, and nothing else is on.

Nothing wrong with watching the x factor.

Regards
Mick

Must admit I do like watching the earlier rounds with all the nut cases lmao

The kid is just a cock lol

Spot on mick its family entertainment, hence Bad boy getting booted out. :)

Maybe you should consider the whole post rather than one sentence.

My interest in music and singing is about more than just listening to stuff that I like or what I think is good. There is a lot to be learned from bad or mediocre singing and many of the singers on x-factor are far from bad singers: some are very good. Marcus, for example, has a fine voice and has real stage presence.

Does he? I wouldn't know.

I would have thought a prerequisite on a singing competition would be that they could actually sing. So some are very good according to you but what about the rest? Bad or mediocre doesn't really cut it so why are they there?

The bad and mediocre are there because idiots will phone up every fcking week and give ITV millions to try and vote them off.
Every phone call pays those no-mark judges there wages and gives ITV a nice tidy profit all because you are playing a trash tv gameshow.
Each to their own and if you enjoy then so be it.

From the BBC Website

X Factor acts get second chance after Frankie departure

Amelia Lily and Jonjo Kerr are two of those that could return The X Factor is to replace Frankie Cocozza by bringing back one of the acts eliminated in the first live show.

James Michael, Amelia Lily, 2 Shoes and Jonjo Kerr will get a chance to permanently return to the show on Saturday.

The public will be able to vote by phone on who they think should get a second chance in the competition.

It comes after Cocozza left the show with producers saying he broke the rules.

The four acts in with a chance of returning have never faced the public before and were eliminated by the judges in the first live show.

Voting phone numbers to decide who will return will be released later on Thursday.

The act with the most votes will return at the weekend and sing alongside the remaining six hopefuls.

This weekend will see contestants performing either a song by either Lady Gaga or Queen.

Frankie Cocozza left the show on Tuesday after "breaking competition rules" and despite tabloid speculation the exact reason why he was kicked off hasn't yet been confirmed.

The 18-year-old put out a statement saying: "I no longer deserve my place in the show, so I am therefore leaving. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me."

His mentor, Gary Barlow, said he was "hugely disappointed" that Frankie had thrown away his place in the competition.

Frankie Cocozza: why was he really sacked from The X Factor?

The X Factor star was clearly there for entertainment value rather than talent. But was he dumped for breaking the 'golden rule' – or to provide headlines for the ailing show?

Frankie-Cocozza-performin-007.jpg

Frankie Cocozza performing on The X Factor on 29 October Photograph: Ken Mckay/Ken McKay/Rex Features

When the obituaries of The X Factor are written – a moment that has seemed to be speeding near during the current series' talent-free and viewer-deserted run – memorialists will gleefully seize on one detail: the explanation from producers that Frankie Cocozza, who the producers sacked from the series on Tuesday night, had to go for breaking the show's "golden rule".

Frankie's aberration was not to be a tone-deaf exhibitionist who, at the audition, gave fair warning of what the producers were getting by exposing a bum-cheek supposedly tattooed with the names of holiday sexual conquests.

Nor was the sin of the diminutive walking advert for Autotune to perform so abysmally each week that even judge and mentor Gary Barlow bizarrely appeared to admit that he was being kept in the contest for reasons other than ability. Barlow, a week after saving the cheeky shrieker from elimination by public vote, declared that he should have got rid of him because his performance was so terrible. The logical conclusion is that, at least on that occasion, a judge was making the calculation that bad singers make good TV.

No, the ultimate Cowell commandment that Cocozza stands accused of breaking was reportedly to be overheard boasting backstage about a coke-fuelled sex session.

While few will summon much sympathy for someone whose ambition ran so far ahead of his ability, it is hard not to think that an implosion of some kind from Cocozza was predictable from the moment the panel chose him as a contestant – and that he may even have been picked for this reason.

TV talent shows are a branch of soap opera and are cast with similar attention to stereotype. The opening programmes of each series of The X Factor, when the contestants are selected, makes use of musically deluded people and/or eccentrics to provide cruel comedy as an interlude between the declaration of the genuine contenders. The eventual competitors also carefully fit pre-arranged categories: Potential Payday (2010 finallists One Direction, 2008 finallists JLS), Working-Class Hero (2009 winner Joe McElderry), Shy Angel (2008 winner Alexandra Burke) and Bad-Ass: last year's finalist Cher Lloyd and, this year, Cocozza.

During what will now stand as Frankie's final appearance last weekend, presenter Dermot O'Leary revealed, with mock-parental sternness, that the non-singer was appearing after having managed only half an hour's sleep. Even at the time, viewers didn't need a pharmacology degree to guess that he may not have achieved that feat on protein shakes. The producers are officially "disappointed" but viewers may suppose that the 18-year-old behaved exactly according to form.

In any X Factor, there is a careful balance between acts who may be good for Simon Cowell's record companies and those who will enliven proceedings, a group to which Cocozza belongs. One of the frog-voiced wannabes, who would normally have provided giggles at the audition stages, was this year let through, presumably to provide comedy and controversy. And he has.

Cynics will also note that the consequence of Cowell Inc's fit of showbiz morality was to put The X Factor back on the front page of the Sun and other tabloids, a position it once claimed by right but which so far has been more elusive during this current dull run. And now whatever solution Cowell shouts down a transatlantic telephone to this weekend's absence of a contender – presumably the return of a voted-off hopeful – will give the next edition an interest it previously lacked.

Cocozza's expulsion represents another acceleration in the rock life-cycle. Even in the recent past, a star singer or band usually lasted a few years before losing the plot and then their record contract. With The X Factor, Cowell got the gap between centre of attention and Jobcentre down to a few months. In this case, the performer has compressed the events of a whole career – debut, fame, front-page scandal, sacking by label – into a few weeks.

Such is the corrupted nature of celebrity now that, even despite his inability to sing, Cocozza, fuelled by notoriety, probably would be a reasonable commercial proposition for at least one album. Surely even Cowell wouldn't have the brass neck to offer a recording contract to someone kicked off his TV show, but, given the narcotic history of pop music, it would be hard for Cocozza to be exiled permanently by this scandal. Like Jedward, the joke-irritant factor on the 2009 series, he may yet turn hopelessness into gold.

More than a decade ago, Nick Bateman was kicked out of the first series of Big Brother for "breaking the rules" by cheating to gain advantage. Subsequently, "Nasty Nick" proved to have understood the true spirit of the show. In the same way, Cocozza represents not an aberration from the standards of The X Factor but a perfect advertisement for them.

While teenagers, in and out of showbiz, would be better off without cocaine, there is still a stench around what is now apparently the show's official code. Competitors can be talentless prats who are clearly kept in the competition purely to enliven a dreary series but the one thing they must never do is to get caught up in a sex-and-drugs scandal at a time when the show desperately needs publicity. If that is the "golden rule", then The X Factor really is in need of the silver bullet.

Mark Lawson
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 9 November 2011 17.59 GMT
© 2011 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved

Back