Forums Missing Posts

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

First off let me apologise for the downtime experienced tonight, and also let me apologise for the inconvenience of lost posts in the last 10-12 hours, basically when updating it seemed that the likes and thanks had not completely imported correctly, and when made aware tonight around 6pm that they never imported... I tried to manually export them from a backup mysql, database but they seemed to not only be tied with the likes table they also was tied with the posts and user tables... which meant it was impossible to import all the tables as each of the other tables was tied with other tables.

The conclusion was this:

Lose 400 posts and maybe 25 new members, or millions of likes and thanks that members have built up over the last few years since the installation of the likes system, it was an easy choice (not one I wanted to make).

Other notes:
I have fixed the attachments and uploads :)... however this might take 24 hours for the DNS to kick in so please do not upload instantly it wont work right away... and that goes for avatars and the downloads section, however all attachments and files are downloadable :)

There maybe a few glitches as the DNS kicks in so keep that in mind.

I can only apologise but I guess by friday this will probably all be forgotten like a bad night out!

Mick

thanks for keeping us posted mate!

:sad: Ah man. What a pisser. Thanks for fixing it anyway mate.

will we be compensated :roflmao:

:Laugh:

worse things happen at sea lol......

hopefully it will all be worth it to not get all the 504 errors and even more down time :)

Hi all,

First off let me apologise for the downtime experienced tonight, and also let me apologise for the inconvenience of lost posts in the last 10-12 hours, basically when updating it seemed that the likes and thanks had not completely imported correctly, and when made aware tonight around 6pm that they never imported... I tried to manually export them from a backup mysql, database but they seemed to not only be tied with the likes table they also was tied with the posts and user tables... which meant it was impossible to import all the tables as each of the other tables was tied with other tables.

The conclusion was this:

Lose 400 posts and maybe 25 new members, or millions of likes and thanks that members have built up over the last few years since the installation of the likes system, it was an easy choice (not one I wanted to make).

Other notes:
I have fixed the attachments and uploads :)... however this might take 24 hours for the DNS to kick in so please do not upload instantly it wont work right away... and that goes for avatars and the downloads section, however all attachments and files are downloadable :)

There maybe a few glitches as the DNS kicks in so keep that in mind.

I can only apologise but I guess by friday this will probably all be forgotten like a bad night out!

Mick

@Mick - I know how shit it is being a sysadmin...

...this site is a credit to the people who keep it going.

Far as I'm concerned - fooking good job, no apologies required :)

Well I have just checked this import and it is all there, I ran a diff's on the SQL files after importing and exporting and it's ok (I will do this on every import or backup from now on).

As I said in the shoutbox, I spent fecking hours moving and upgrading the servers on Sunday, and then a dodgy import fecked all the good work.

Never Mind :)

I feel terrible for the members that signed up, they will come on and login and get nothing :(

Mick

@Mick - I know how shit it is being a sysadmin...

...this site is a credit to the people who keep it going.

Far as I'm concerned - fooking good job, no apologies required :)

smiley-kissing-ass.gif

:Laugh:

Amidst all the joking we do all appreciate your efforts mate...Thanks

a ho, shit happens but easy to fix wil repost my post's happy days, keep up the very good work mick has this is the best site in the uk by far.

ah I was wondering where they had gone too...lol.... just spent a little while looking for them, thought I was going stir crazy! ;)

Cheers for the heads up i thought i had lost the plot ive just gone to reply to a thread dibbers and others had been helping me with and noticed a lot of the info missing.

my posts have gone missing from saturday and sunday

edogg

Are you sure you posted anything at the weekend.?? :Biggrin2:

my posts have gone missing from saturday and sunday

edogg

I can see you made a couple of posts on the 18th which was Saturday mate, have you made more on that date, and maybe some on Sunday as well?

Back