Forum Savvy

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
After many months of fumbleing about on forums,im only just finding my feet ! now it seems to me the ppl in the knowhow,dont share enough of the basic knowledge needed to survive in a forum,im not saying they dont share or divulge their knowledge,just seems they wait to be asked,from my own experience,its hard to ask for help and when you do.your guided to an old post ,that is full off terms and instruction that are alien to new members.bb code was for months to me written on the walls of pyramids !!... I think a member of staff,or any member with a total understanding of everything you can do in a forum should write a sticky,an easy to understand one,with step by step instructions(pics/vids included if author feels the point might be made easier) that im sure most newbies would welcome and respect. I class myself as one of the ppl who would learn from such a post,and look forward to someone taking up the challenge.

here you will always get people with more knowhow on forums thats why peeps join them to learn more... key things are read the (rules a MUST) search is the way and if still struggling post for help plenty on here and google.. and within reason pm peeps in the know this is were search becomes a powerful tool and one more thing read and then read again before you know it you become more in the know videos are great but sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees
as when you join how many times do new peeps post about things against the rules done it myself
hth
unison

I think the people 'in the know' get sick of people signing up and with their first post asking how to hack their cable box or download free movies for whatever. The information is out there and tbh if this stuff was so quick and simple to do then everyone would be doing it and soon get shut down.

Invest some time, use the forums and google and get to learn the basics.

After many months of fumbleing about on forums,im only just finding my feet ! now it seems to me the ppl in the knowhow,dont share enough of the basic knowledge needed to survive in a forum,im not saying they dont share or divulge their knowledge,just seems they wait to be asked,from my own experience,its hard to ask for help and when you do.your guided to an old post ,that is full off terms and instruction that are alien to new members.bb code was for months to me written on the walls of pyramids !!... I think a member of staff,or any member with a total understanding of everything you can do in a forum should write a sticky,an easy to understand one,with step by step instructions(pics/vids included if author feels the point might be made easier) that im sure most newbies would welcome and respect. I class myself as one of the ppl who would learn from such a post,and look forward to someone taking up the challenge.
Like this? Digital World Forums - BB Code List ;)

This link is at the bottom of every thread in the Posting Rules box. (For what it's worth I only found it the other week!)

Back