Foodstuffs getting smaller, same price

stihl260

DW Top Poster +
Reaction score
Is it just me or are things getting smaller and the price staying the same?

I Noticed in Asda the other day that Bottles of Shloer are now only 750ml and not 1ltr.

Chrunchy Nut Cornflakes used to be sold in Large 1kg boxes, not anymore 750g is the biggest now.

Prices are not rising to make more money, but the things we buy are getting smaller for the same money, therefore rasing profits without most of us noticing.

yes, I have noticed this as well. con job

I been saying that to the mrs for a long time now

:Kickassro:feck::WEE1:they have been doing that now for the last two and a half years now

My wife is a manager in an Asda store and she reckons your right mate.
Why do politicians / large companies etc think we are thick and won't notice things like this ?. I mean the government stated that food and kids clothing would be unaffected by the vat increase ? We all know that if fuel costs rise then everything is going to go up.

Mars bars shrink in size - Telegraph

from 2009 mars bar reduced in size by 7% its not the first time either been happening for years.

By slightly reducing portion sizes on Mars and Snickers we were able to continue to responsibly meet consumer demands for healthier lifestyles whilst not increasing our prices."

what a load of tosh,healthier lifestyles,saving money is the aim for them cnuts

yes and people who love eating certain stuff end up buying two because they are not the size they used to be,companies save more by giving less and also gain again by peeps buying more.

stop buying there products is the way to go

Back