Flashing problem

bonter

Member ++
Reaction score
Having a bit of a problem just bought a new memmery stick put a image on it and followed How to restore your TM800HD to the letter when I pressed menu no file found came up there is some other crap on the stick so I created a new folder and put everything in there except the image. Still the same so I deleted the image and put a different one on still the same.

So I figure it can only be one of three things

1 The software pre installed on the stick?
2 The stick is formatted fat32?
3 Or the box is fooked more than I thought?

How to download by USB to TM-800 HD Linux

1-Save tm-800 image in USB do not use folder re name like this >>> TM800_update.bin .
2-Turn on from rear
3-As soon as you see starting press stand by button once see mini root and wait
4-Wait until you See box ip then press menu button .
it will take about 2 minutes see success then take USB out. wait for re boot
====================
2nd option

You can download by pressing blue LAN+blue button

Last edited:
sounds like the .bin is in a folder or named wrong to me mate ?
no 1 what dr linux says

1-Save tm-800 image in USB do not use folder re name like this >>> TM800_update.bin .

Thanks Dr Linux but like I said I followed the tut to the letter which is the same as your advice. The only other thing is I have VLC on my computer so it assosiates the bin file with VLC don't know if that would affect it?

sounds like the .bin is in a folder or named wrong to me mate ?
no 1 what dr linux says

Ah now I have renamed it >>> TM800_update.bin not TM800_update.bin. does the fullstop at the end make a difference?

@ bonter, association with VLC wont effect your file, just make sure the file is in the root of your stick and it is named TM800_update - the .bin is applied to the file, dont add when renaming

Last edited:
the full stop will change things m8

the receiver will ONLY see a file named

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

i also have VLC on my computer, so the file gets given a little road cone. its possible that the .bin file extension is already present, but being hidden, in which case, your file is now called

TM800_update.bin.bin

which the receiver wont recognise. Try deleting the .bin off the end of the file name, if it stays linked to VLC, then the original .bin extension exists, and the receiver will recognise it, even though it looks to be called just TM800_update

Yea properties say VLC media file (bin).(bin) so have taken the .bin off will go down stairs and try again

Yep job done thanks the only problem now is the wife came in and started talking so I missed if it said success it now says wizard

if its says wizard, then it was a success m8 :)

go through the wizard, choose NO to install default channel list, then turn power off and back on, wait for it to boot, and start playing :)

To late I just kept pressing OK don't think I'm even on the right sat. But that was not my main objective I just wanted access to the box. I have just tried mini web and I'm in so I am more than happy not even sure if I want this image I downloaded 2 from your site.dw 16-07-11 skyuk and wos-iq. Got wos at the momment but will mess around with both just need to get back in to the wizard again

To get back to wizard select factory reset from menu or just use menu to change your settings. :Drums:

Back