Fixed - Get Your Keys

back online

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the time and support getting people up and running again It has been invaluble to me.

Hi NineLives

Before I tried your guide i try to download keys using the blue button -> addon manager and downloads -> download key -> evocamd. To get the latest keys however this then overwrote the Keylist.txt file (put loads of keys in their and comments). I then tried your guide deleted everything and then tried to get it to autoupdate, however itdoes not seem to autoupdate my Keylist.txt file it remains empty. Any ideas on how i can sort this out?

By the way i am using the CLI image.

Thanks

Normal update can take upto a min, if its still not done it, try to restart the evcamd or reboot the box.. Keep us posted..

it wont let me change the txt via ftp neither hmmm it did b4 any suggestions ppl

I can honestly say, I dont know.. unless the other guys have any ideas? I remember reading something about space and that someone stripped a few folders like the icon folder.. Then that someone was able to save their edited data..

I say, if in doubt, start again.

Hi NineLives,

It seems as if the box (dreambox 600pvr) is not autoupdating, i have left the box on the channel for around 10mins but still no change in the Keylist.txt file (its still empty). I think when i tried to grab the keys via the download manager that balls things up. Has anyone tried to do the same thing via the blue button on the CLI image?

Thanks

I have deleted all my lines from keylist.txt, and left it on SS2 for about 5minutes, and it's put some lines back in there automatically for ROM10 but nothing else. Am I still going to have to edit these with the correct values to get it up and working again :)?

Heres my solution to the key change

Go to *tut tut tut* to get lates NTL ireland Keys

Open Var/keys file on the dreambox 600c via an ftp programme such as Core FTP Pro

Double click info.txt file and open edit keys

Copy and paste new 00 and 01 keys into the original info.txt file

exit and save

Restart Evocamd on Dreambox

Channels should now clear

Enjoy and heres to the new awaited fix

Best regards to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Also what is an IRD, and where do I get it so I can enter it in the extraCP :)?

Hi All
if your 600pvr are not getting the new wrong keys change the cam to common interface or another cam restart cam leave 30 secs the go back and restart evo cam leave 30 sec that should get you the new wrong keys then edit and restart cam again help on a few boxes i done today

Many thanks to the original poster, Davido123, and boxfrog for their input in producing a guide that works. May not be permanent but it works!!! :Biggrin2:

It may be an idea to get this into the guides section as the number of posts to sift through regarding this problem makes finding a solution more difficult.

I ended up using the winscp edit method - my telly didn't make viewing through tuxbox commander all that easy, and the winscp method was almost like using notepad, couldn't be easier.

Thanks again for the help guys, :Clap: hopefully a more permanent solution will be available soon!

Cheers,

Mairtin

hi there all,

I've followed the steps correctly I think.

I've deleted the existing keys, verified that autoupdate is on, restarted cam (evocamd 2.13) and allowed new keys to be updated after watching freeview channel.

I'm getting 3 lines of keys

A 01, then a 00 and then a 01 again, all for ROM7.

None of the keys look like any that are on the BigMAQ toolbar, they are completely different.

I've tried the N*L Ireland keys regardless (as that's who I am with), they didn't decode Sky sports etc.

Anyone explain what I'm missing?

Hi NineLives

Before I tried your guide i try to download keys using the blue button -> addon manager and downloads -> download key -> evocamd. To get the latest keys however this then overwrote the Keylist.txt file (put loads of keys in their and comments). I then tried your guide deleted everything and then tried to get it to autoupdate, however itdoes not seem to autoupdate my Keylist.txt file it remains empty. Any ideas on how i can sort this out?

By the way i am using the CLI image.

Thanks

manually add them keys in .. if the other way doesnt work

hi there all,

I've followed the steps correctly I think.

I've deleted the existing keys, verified that autoupdate is on, restarted cam (evocamd 2.13) and allowed new keys to be updated after watching freeview channel.

I'm getting 3 lines of keys

A 01, then a 00 and then a 01 again, all for ROM7.

None of the keys look like any that are on the BigMAQ toolbar, they are completely different.

I've tried the N*L Ireland keys regardless (as that's who I am with), they didn't decode Sky sports etc.

Anyone explain what I'm missing?

Are any other pay for channels on?

just found the correct keys on a different website, the toolbar and Xtra CP are out of date (yesterdays)

If a mod wants to PM me, I can advise where to get the more up to date keys for N*L Ireland to update Xtra CP

I have deleted all my lines from keylist.txt, and left it on SS2 for about 5minutes, and it's put some lines back in there automatically for ROM10 but nothing else. Am I still going to have to edit these with the correct values to get it up and working again :)?

Have you managed to sort it?

I'm working with rom 7, 10 and 11 and i just saw the keycodes generated by the dreambox in the keylist.txt, i noticed that 3 lines were identical, bar 3 digits. Look at these 3 digits (in each line) and you'll notice that 2 out of the 3 are the same number/letter (and in the same position). Keep the 2 that are the same and change the 3rd out of 3) and get the code yourself.
i.e.

Rom7 * * * * 5 6 7 * * *

Rom10 * * * * A 6 8 * * *

Rom11 * * * * A 5 7 * * *

If you are working with Rom 7 then you need to change number 5 to A.
If you are working with Rom 10 then you need to change number 8 to 7

I did it and it worked for me. There were a few posts saying this already last week.
Good luck!

I'm working with rom 7, 10 and 11 and i just saw the keycodes generated by the dreambox in the keylist.txt, i noticed that 3 lines were identical, bar 3 digits. Look at these 3 digits (in each line) and you'll notice that 2 out of the 3 are the same number/letter (and in the same position). Keep the 2 that are the same and change the 3rd out of 3) and get the code yourself.
i.e.

Rom7 * * * * 5 6 7 * * *

Rom10 * * * * A 6 8 * * *

Rom11 * * * * A 5 7 * * *

If you are working with Rom 7 then you need to change number 5 to A.
If you are working with Rom 10 then you need to change number 8 to 7

I did it and it worked for me. There were a few posts saying this already last week.
Good luck!

Wow, well done.. im gona look out for that...

Looks like N**L Ireland have rolled over again.

Any update on the Beta EMU code ?

Rgrds

Tradman

I have tried to use the method but I get empty keylist.txt directory and none of the menu works in that section to edit or delete or anything. any suggestions please.

I have tried to use the method but I get empty keylist.txt directory and none of the menu works in that section to edit or delete or anything. any suggestions please.

Try to reboot the Box.. To get ur keys back, you need to ensure AU is enabled first. Once you have your keys then disable.

Back