Fixed - Get Your Keys

Cheers NineLives, just used your guide and I am back up and running.

:Cheers:

Right.. I'm compiling this guide as it took me more than 4hrs to figure it out. Everyone has been very very helpful but it takes forever to join all the information together and so, here is your guide to getting you guys back up and running:

Thanks a bunch dude, excellent guide, easy to follow and channels working now.

Oh the keys changed again this morning, what's going on? is VM on the offensive?

Cheers

Ben

ok guys great tuts however none work for me i am not able to edit the keylist but there is another way to do this and i will try to explain.

1: ok goto a pay channel i used sly sports 1
2: then hit blue button and restart your cam (dont think it matters wot 1 you are using)
3: then exit blue button menu
4: go in to menu setup/expert setup and disable auto service update
5: now FTP to your box
6: then goto var/keys/keylist.txt
7: right click on keylist.txt and edit
8: if you havnt allready then goto google and search for bigmaq toobar and install (i know i hate toolbars too but it helps lol)
9: then look at keylist and select which provider you are with
10: copy the keys into the keylist.txt
11: now upload back to your box
12: unplug box for 30 secs then plug back in
13: again goto a pay channel
14: hit blue button again and restart cam wait 10 secs and your channel should come on.

No other method worked for me but this worked 1st time on all my boxes hope this will help the peeps that cant do it the other ways.

Thanks NineLives your are a legend It worked on my DW2.0 followed that completely and it came on however my parents are on 1.5.6, is it the same for DW 1.5.6?

What is the ftp username and password?

Hi, i deleted all the keys line followed guide but now my keys are empty its showing no key(0) in folder keylist....

Try restarting the EvoCamd again dude.. or reboot your Box.

Thanks NineLives your are a legend It worked on my DW2.0 followed that completely and it came on however my parents are on 1.5.6, is it the same for DW 1.5.6?

What is the ftp username and password?

Im not sure if its the DW image or some other. However, the technology and software should kind of be the same but in a different directory / location.

If in doubt, upgrade it to DW2.0.

I tried everything rescan, reboot, restart but still showing (0) in keylist.int no keys at all

its not keylist.int

it should be keylist.txt

do you have the DW2.0 image?

Below is the instrction on how to disable AU, if its already {00} then change it to {01}.
Then use the BLUE button to restart EmuCamd. This will enable VM to give you new keys.
Once you have your keys back, you need to disable it again to keep your new keys.

1. Press Yellow
2. Select Tuxbox Commander
3. Press down arrow (9 Times) until you highlight “var” in LEFT window.
4. Press OK
2. Press down until you highlight "camd_cfg"
3. Press "4"
4. Press Down 18 Times to: line says A: { 01 }
5. Press OK
6. Press Right 6 times to highlight "1"
7. Change to "0"
8. Press OK to make the change.
9. Press Exit
10. Press Red (to save changes)
11. Press Exit
12. Press Red (to save changes)
13. Press Exit

I have seen a lot of great tuts about changing the keys in the key list and changing the file to stop AU. I find it quite long winded and thought i would share how i do it. I have a dreambox 500 and flash FXP on my pc

1. Make sure dreambox is on the network
2. Connect to dreambox using an ftp client (flash fxp)
3. Copy from the dream box the keylist, found in \var\keys\ to the desktop
4. edit the keylist with the new keys.
5. Copy the file from the desktop back to the dreambox \var\keys

now to stop it from being updated

6. Change the attributes (CHMOD) of the file in flash FXP to READ ONLY

done.

Just remember when a AU fix does come out to change the attibutes back so the file can be changed

Hope this helps :Cheers:

Below is the instrction on how to disable AU, if its already {00} then change it to {01}.
Then use the BLUE button to restart EmuCamd. This will enable VM to give you new keys.
Once you have your keys back, you need to disable it again to keep your new keys.

1. Press Yellow
2. Select Tuxbox Commander
3. Press down arrow (9 Times) until you highlight “var” in LEFT window.
4. Press OK
2. Press down until you highlight "camd_cfg"
3. Press "4"
4. Press Down 18 Times to: line says A: { 01 }
5. Press OK
6. Press Right 6 times to highlight "1"
7. Change to "0"
8. Press OK to make the change.
9. Press Exit
10. Press Red (to save changes)
11. Press Exit
12. Press Red (to save changes)
13. Press Exit

hi m8 , ive done this but me box keeps AU'ing all the time and the { 01 } keeps reverting back even after i've changed and saved it.

someone mentioned about the attributes so i FTP'ed to the box and right clicked on the camd_cfg and its 755 so im lost as to how i turn off the AU as i cant stop the keys from changing back after ive entered new one's .....any idea's ?i've even changed it and ftp'ed it back and overwritten it the old one and it ""still"" reverts back.lost now.

Back