Fixed - Get Your Keys

NineLives

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right.. I'm compiling this guide as it took me more than 4hrs to figure it out. Everyone has been very very helpful but it takes forever to join all the information together and so, here is your guide to getting you guys back up and running:

{THIS IS A TEMP SOLUTION ONLY} - For 500C running DW2.0

First, go download a tool bar that will give you the latest Keycodes. the toolbar is called BigMAQ toolbar which can be found here: LOOK FOR BIGMAQ TOOLBAR in google. This is a useful tool that gives you the latest keys.

Next you need to know who your provider is: How do you find out? Keep reading..

1) On your Dreambox, its best to start again and delete any old keys you have.

By Davido123
1. Press Yellow
2. Select Tuxbox Commander
3. Press down arrow (9 Times) until you highlight “var” in LEFT window.
4. Press OK
5. Press down arrow (3 Times) until you highlight “keys”
6. Press OK
7. Press down arrow (4 Times) until you highlight “Keylist.txt”
8. Press 4 (to edit the file)
9. Delete ALL the lines by pressing the RED button.. YES all the lines..

10. Once you have deleted all the lines, press the EXIT button on the remote and save.
11. Keep exiting / saving untill you are back onto your blank screen.

Now we need to update your keys given to you by your Provider (Virgin etc). By doing this update, it will give you a hint of who your old provider was:

By Boxfrog

1. Go to a blank channel that was working.
2. Press the blue button
3. Now click ok to restart your EM CAMD 2.12
4. Leave it around 1min.
This has now created some new keys. Looking at these keys you only need to change the part that is incorrect by verifying on the toolbar you downloaded. There will only be a max of around 1 or 2 digits that is wrong.

3) Go back into TuxCommander to your keyfile.txt (follow the instruction above to get to the key file)
4) Match the key to the BigMAQ's toolbar keys that are updated regularly. Go through all the providers on the toolbar and match the one that closets resembles your current key.
5) Save and exit
6) Now you need to disable autoupdate ensuring you dont loose what you have changed..

By Davido123

1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
2. Press down until you highlight "camd_cfg"
3. Press "4"
4. Press Down 18 Times to: line says A: { 01 }
5. Press OK
6. Press Right 6 times to highlight "1"
7. Change to "0"
8. Press OK to make the change.
9. Press Exit
10. Press Red (to save changes)
11. Press Exit
12. Press Red (to save changes)
13. Press Exit

Final step:
Press the blue button
Now click ok to restart your EM CAMD 2.12

You should now see your channels..

I know there is alot there but its easy once you have grassed it once. Apologies if it doesnt make sense or the spelling.. Iv done it in a rush :)

Now over to the coders.. Can we have a permanent fix pllllsssss....

Last edited:
Tried this but it won't seem to save the keys, if i exit and save then go back in to check they are back to what they were originally.

Any ideas?

Tried this but it won't seem to save the keys, if i exit and save then go back in to check they are back to what they were originally.

Any ideas?

Have you tried to simply delete all the lines in the keyfile and start again?

EG:

By Davido123
1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
6. Press OK

Any ideas?

Or even, try to disable AutoUpdate:

1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
3. Press "4"
5. Press OK
7. Change to "0"
9. Press Exit
11. Press Exit
13. Press Exit

Any ideas?

I think you need to turn auto update off

Billybob looks like your exiting after you have edited and not OK

I've deleted all the lines, saved and went back in and they were still there, changed the autoupdate option saved and went back in and it was back to what it was before i changed it, so it's not saving anything.

Strange!

cheers mate u simplified a lot imna give it a try now

Right.. I'm compiling this guide as it took me more than 4hrs to figure it out. Everyone has been very very helpful but it takes forever to join all the information together and so, here is your guide to getting you guys back up and running:

{THIS IS A TEMP SOLUTION ONLY} - For 500C running DW2.0

First, go download a tool bar that will give you the latest Keycodes. the toolbar is called BigMAQ toolbar which can be found here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1234670&postcount=1
This is a useful tool that gives you the latest keys.

Next you need to know who your provider is: How do you find out? Keep reading..

1) On your Dreambox, its best to start again and delete any old keys you have.

By Davido123
1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
6. Press OK

10. Once you have deleted all the lines, press the EXIT button on the remote and save.
11. Keep exiting / saving untill you are back onto your blank screen.

Now we need to update your keys given to you by your Provider (Virgin etc). By doing this update, it will give you a hint of who your old provider was:

By Boxfrog

1. Go to a blank channel that was working.
2. Press the blue button
3. Now click ok to restart your EM CAMD 2.12
4. Leave it around 1min.
This has now created some new keys. Looking at these keys you only need to change the part that is incorrect by verifying on the toolbar you downloaded. There will only be a max of around 1 or 2 digits that is wrong.

3) Go back into TuxCommander to your keyfile.txt (follow the instruction above to get to the key file)
4) Match the key to the BigMAQ's toolbar keys that are updated regularly. Go through all the providers on the toolbar and match the one that closets resembles your current key.
5) Save and exit
6) Now you need to disable autoupdate ensuring you dont loose what you have changed..

By Davido123

1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
3. Press "4"
5. Press OK
7. Change to "0"
9. Press Exit
11. Press Exit
13. Press Exit

Final step:
Press the blue button
Now click ok to restart your EM CAMD 2.12

You should now see your channels..

I know there is alot there but its easy once you have grassed it once. Apologies if it doesnt make sense or the spelling.. Iv done it in a rush :)

Now over to the coders.. Can we have a permanent fix pllllsssss....
good work fella, a dumb ass like me followed that step by step and got it

Last edited by a moderator:
bigkeys

let me get this right. if i'm telepest and i see a key for n@l that is close to mine. should i then use the n@l keys even though i'm telepest.

the reason i ask this is because the telepest keys are more than 1 or 2 digits diffrent.

let me get this right. if i'm telepest and i see a key for n@l that is close to mine. should i then use the n@l keys even though i'm telepest.

the reason i ask this is because the telepest keys are more than 1 or 2 digits diffrent.

Try them both fella.. :)

Hiya mate.

Just tryingt o sift through all the chaos. I can't see a link to get that toolbar in your first post :(

Hiya mate.

Just tryingt o sift through all the chaos. I can't see a link to get that toolbar in your first post :(

He didnt link because its against the rules, but he did tell you the name of toolbar and google will be your friend.

Have you tried to simply delete all the lines in the keyfile and start again?

EG:

By Davido123
1. Press Yellow
4. Press OK
6. Press OK

super post. Just got me back up and running! Many THanks!!:Clap:

just a wierd problem, i found the keys for my area etc thats all fine but when i change my camd.fcg (the AU on line 19.. press 18 down and change it to 00) press ok to confirm settings and then exit to exit and press ok on save when it asks. then go change the keys and follow what you said but then i go back in to the editor and its back to normal all the changes made don't seem to be saved

it wont let me change the txt via ftp neither hmmm it did b4 any suggestions ppl

Hi NineLives

Before I tried your guide i try to download keys using the blue button -> addon manager and downloads -> download key -> evocamd. To get the latest keys however this then overwrote the Keylist.txt file (put loads of keys in their and comments). I then tried your guide deleted everything and then tried to get it to autoupdate, however itdoes not seem to autoupdate my Keylist.txt file it remains empty. Any ideas on how i can sort this out?

By the way i am using the CLI image.

Thanks

Back