fixed dish or motorised?

I think ill just buy a sky dish of ebay i have noticed that some sellers have hd blazend across there dish adverts am i right in thinking that all dishes are capable of receiving hd signals ( yes im really that thick)

I think ill just buy a sky dish of ebay i have noticed that some sellers have hd blazend across there dish adverts am i right in thinking that all dishes are capable of receiving hd signals ( yes im really that thick)

yes m8 they are. when a seller states that a dish/lnb are "hd ready" its just a sales gimmick. regards mdt

due to local regulations I am limited to a 1 meter dish.

gibertini do a polar mount for there 1m dish and there are universal polar mounts still available i think that you just bolt any standard 1m dish too. my advice would be save up more cash untill you have the funds and get yourself quality components that will last once properly installed.. gibby 1m/polar mount/18 inch jack/v-box and inverto black ultra(twin or quad). regards mdt

for the amount of channels on my side of the earth it isn't really worth it.
The dish/lnbs I got for free and the motor back when my favorite providers were nagra1 or 2
I have to laugh when people complain about "only a 4000 channel memory" my channel list
is probably 1% of that, tops.
The only good thing about the motor is looking for wildfeeds.

A very nice chap came round today and gave me a few pointers on what and where my dish will be and where it will be situated
So guys thanks for the help that ive recieved but be warned when ive got the dish up and my openbox out of its box there will be lots more stupid questions to come...he he he

dishpointer.com will show an aerial shot of the backyard and where to aim,for me at least using google maps.

Back