first time patch on 5402HD

i emailed Phant0m about this, and a few other small issues, heres the reply i got

Q: on the 5402, there are quite a few people saying that the blind scan gives incorect results after scanning .

A: in tm-5402 searches for full details and will not finish in random
example.TP 12123-27500-V can end 12122-27498-V but final result searching all channels

Think they might be bulling you there digi mate.
Loads of stb do what they are saying ie 24500 is 24497.
But not to the extent of the example I gave you.
I will try and get a screenshot from someone.

Re: TM5402HD Bug same like on the 6000 series

And while you are contacting Technomate.

WHEN WILL THIS STUPID PID SCAN bug be resolved ?
I mean, Just try to scan in a Certain existing Frequency which already has channels in its list with a fixed VPID coz you don't want to rescan the whole frequency and have all that shit removed afterwards ...

WELL then you will be happy to see that the frequency and corresponding VPID channel is found BUT in the mean while the other corresponding same frequency channels that were already there in your list will be removed. THIS IS REALLY A PAIN THE ASS !!

And this bug has been around for quite a while :) ( on the HD versions not on the SD versions)
6000 / 7000 / and now 5402HD series ...

QUote : Q: on the 5402, there are quite a few people saying that the blind scan gives incorect results after scanning .
>>> I've had this problem as well on the 6000 series.

I've just bought a TM-5402 HD which has the original Technomate firmware loaded. I tried to patch the box with a USB stick and loaded the latest Phantom patch onto the box. The patch seemed to load far quicker than I'd expect but the box never rebooted and the patch hasn't loaded at all.

I checked the System Information and can confirm that the patch isn't there, even after doing the '2004' trick.

I previously owned a TM-6800 so am used to patching via USB.

Do I need to obtain a null modem cable and load the patch that way?

It's definitely unzipped as the file is a .stb file and it's definitely for the TM 5402 HD.

Problem resolved.

For the record I dusted down an old laptop with a serial port and a null modem cable.

Flashed the box with the null modem cable and I'm now set to go.

I should now be able to apply patches with a USB next time.

Back