Firmware Toolbox 4.0 and 0047DJ...!!!

safire

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys...can i use the MAXIMUS Firmware Toolbox 4.00 to flash my Hitachi 0047DJ...???

I've seen the video tutorial for the 0078 by 360mods.net and was wondering if the procedure is the same for my drive. ( drive has never been Flashed before )

Also does the toolbox already have the new firmware inside or do i still need to get it...???

I've opened up my 360 and can get it into mode b...but i'm crapping my pants about going any further...LOL

Thanks for any help and advice

Okay i think i got it now...!!!

Looks like, after some extensive reading of some tutorials,i can use toolbox v4.0 to flash my drive.

But now i got a problem...I can get the 360 into mode b no problem...however, when i reboot my pc it gets to the windows loading bar screen and then reboots again...regardless of whether i keep ejecting the 360 tray or not...!!!

It's keeps doing this and will not allow me into windows unless i power off the 360...

Any ideas guys...Please...!!!

Total noob at this 360 flashing...but i don't wanna give up...!!!

Right ...I updated the drivers for the sata pci card and now i can get into windows and the Hitachi drive is visible in my computer and has a drive letter assigned...!!!

But when i try and do a "Direct Drive Dump" via the Toolbox my machine just grinds to a halt...!!!
If i try to access the drive through "my computer" the same things happens...The timer comes up and nothing. The mouse pointer still moves around freely but nothing responds...!!!
If i try to end the process via "task manager" noting happens i have to manually shut down the machine...!!!

WTF is going on...!!!

Please guys just throw me some scraps...!!!

look at the step by step guide I posted a few threads down, it'll have all the info you need:)

look at the step by step guide I posted a few threads down, it'll have all the info you need:)

Hi sideysid...That is the guide I've been following i think i know exactly what to do with regards to flashing ( i can get into mode b and Xp to recognize the drive no probs ) but my problem seems to be my Xp halting when i try to do anything with the drive...!!!

Thanks for responding

No need to use the toolbox on a 47 drive, have you read this bit?

I did see this but i'm totally shite with dos and was trying to avoid going down this route as theres more chance of me effin my 360...however it looks like i gotta bite the bullet and give it a go...!!!

I'll let you know how i get...!!!

Cheers sideysid

I have tried to flash the drive in dos using the command FLASHIX.BAT (drive letter) 1234

but stii nothing...the machine once again grinds to a halt...!!!

the cmd box starts up with flashing drive or something along those lines but then nothing...!!!

I'm using a VIA 6421A pci io card.

Can some recommend a motherboard with onboard SATA that i should buy so i can flash this damn drive.

My processor uses skt 462.

i know someone who is using a ECS c51gm-m motherboard...could i just flash it using that motherboard...!!!

Here's a link to the board;

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...goryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=46&LanID=0

Does your VIA 6421A show up in device manager with no exclaimations? Did you install the drivers alone without the RAID drivers as well?

Its sounds like its your card where the issue lies...

My card shows up in device manager under SCSI and RAID controllers as "VIA VT 6421 RAID CONTROLLER" with no exclaimation marks.

Originally i had installed the raid tool and upon realising my mistake i uninstalled it...!!!

But your definately right the problem does lie with this card...!!!

Do you think i should reinstall windows again and hope that any problems with the sata card might get rectified...?
Or would that be a waste of time...?

ok - read in your previous post that the drive is assigned a drive letter - the card should be working ok then.

Where did you get the 1.2 firmware from? If you got it from that guide I linked, should be fine, if not try that.

Have you got access to another pc? Try installing the card using the drivers only, and then see if you get the same problem. Is the drive working ok still with normal 360 games? Or is it fooked?

Just tried the 360 and still works fine with my original game.

I got the 1.2 firmware from that guide as well as xbins and i have tried both but still the same.

I'm gonna reinstall windows on another hard drive and start again with only the drivers and see if that makes a difference.

I have read that my card works fine fine with sammys but not so well with Hitachi...why would that be the case...???

Is there a sata card you could recommend, if i still don't get results from this one.?

I know i haven't said this before...but Thank You so much sideysid for being so helpfull and patient with me...I really do appreciate all the help you are providing.

No probs matey - lots of friendly folk on this forum - just press the thanks button ;)

I bought my VT6421A card from here for £7 delivered. Are you using a similar card?

If so are you using the rear port of the card to link up with the 360?

ok - what drivers are you running?

Completely uninstall the card, move it to a different PCI slot and install it again (without the RAID utility) using the lastest drivers from here

Holy Guacamole Batman...!!!

Could i have flashed this mofo...

I discovered where i was going wrong sideysid. the drivers for the sata card had 2 different drivers x64 for XP and x86 for vista...Yes you guessed it i was using x86.

having installed x64 drivers the card worked perfectly. The machine didn't freeze or halt in any way.

However, i couldn't flash the drive normally (to much shite on my comp) but worked via safe mode without any errors first time.

I think i've flashed the drive but i don't have any games to try yet...but thats what i'll be working on now.

OK now 2 major issues i had are firstly i didn't have an original disk in the drive while i was flashing it...I had one set up ready to go but in the excitement of it all i forgot to put it in the drive...!!! ( How serious is this ? )

Secondly a folder was created "X16S-****" which includes the .Bin files named

47_16
47_165
key
now
was

But if i open up these files in notepad all i see is jumbled up script...is that how it should be or have i completely fooked it up and haven't flashed jack shite...!!!

The 360 is still running fine playing my original game.

I knew that the drivers would be at fault - just like any problem, it comes down to a process of elimination and patience.

Thats looks fine matey - you only need to use the original game disk with the v78 drive.

Keep those 5 files, as thats your original firmware and drive key etc. Zip them up and email them to yourself etc. If you ever need to flash back, follow the restore steps in the guide using those files.

Thank you so much sideysid for everything...!!!

I've burnt the files to a cd-r to be safe.

I'm now off to jump for joy...LOL

i've put my order in for a pioneer 112 writer, once that turns up then i'll be able
to play some games...WOOHOO...!!!

Back