Firmware & other files Updated for September 2012

Re: S9 Reboot Firmware fix

i have chip id :1015 and on the latest page 1015 is not a clone.

maybe i have the latest box?

Mod: Is it possible this section can be split into both the S9 and S10, simply because i think it can be confusing posting two sets of firmwares for different boxes in the same section. Thanks.

Also save's me having to continually post updates in the open forum so that people don't load the wrong firmware.

OPENBOX S9/S10 FIRMWARE.. 21.7.2011

this is the latest firmware i could find and is ok for both the s9 and s10. regards mdt

thanks to all concerned

Attachments

• OpenboxS9S10-2011-7-21.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 72

I tried this one, box just rebooted on my S9 and did nothing, hence wanted to check it was good before posting. Anyone else been able to flash this?

EDIT: Looks like this is an S10 firmware only. Yojia have updated their site and removed "S9" from the description, so it looks like this is the new latest S10 firmware (not loaded it yet to check)

EDIT2: OK. Just loaded this onto my S10, and it has a "Skybox" logo and an S9 Style GUI. I think seemingly this S9, S10, Openbox, Skybox saga is confusing things. Suggest you only use this if you want the old S9 interface on your S10.

This may work for some other people's S9, but it won't flash on my original Openbox.

Last edited:

forgive me if i am wrong but these surely are clones as they are not where i purchased my original s9 from direct from the chinese manufacturer

edogg

Yojia are usualy behind a little on updates, but it seems they are posting any firmware they can get their hands on (and they are appearing on other forums) The S10 version i posted earlier from the 14/7 seems to be fine (running it on my S10) and the last REAL Openbox S9 update is from June.

Last edited:

I meant the manufacturer is making clones not cloned software they are definitely not the original manufacturer of the s9

Sorry. Yep it appears they are.

More and more people are likely to have firmware issues too with the amount of clones.

i never understood why make clones of a box that wholesales at £56

try this one

Attachments

• SkyBox_S9_CMT_110717.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

I tried this one, box just rebooted on my S9 and did nothing, hence wanted to check it was good before posting. Anyone else been able to flash this?

EDIT: Looks like this is an S10 firmware only. Yojia have updated their site and removed "S9" from the description, so it looks like this is the new latest S10 firmware (not loaded it yet to check)

EDIT2: OK. Just loaded this onto my S10, and it has a "Skybox" logo and an S9 Style GUI. I think seemingly this S9, S10, Openbox, Skybox saga is confusing things. Suggest you only use this if you want the old S9 interface on your S10.

This may work for some other people's S9, but it won't flash on my original Openbox.

i tried this f/w on my new openbox s9(original according to the test) and its seems to be running ok and it flashed first time. are you advising that i should remove this f/w and should go back to a earlier version m8? as i just put openbox f/w into google and found that f/w. i do agree that we should have seperate threads for s9 and s10 f/w and a seperate joint section for chat and a softcam section also to help newbies(this includes me lol). regards

i tried this f/w on my new openbox s9(original according to the test) and its seems to be running ok and it flashed first time. are you advising that i should remove this f/w and should go back to a earlier version m8? as i just put openbox f/w into google and found that f/w. i do agree that we should have seperate threads for s9 and s10 f/w and a seperate joint section for chat and a softcam section also to help newbies(this includes me lol). regards

If it works for you (no glitches etc) on your S9 and your happy with it, then leave it.

I was just saying that when i tried to load it on my S9 (98A1) it didn't work (although i was flashing via LAN FTP) and that Yojia where i took it from have changed the description to show that its for the S10 (they removed the S9 from the title today), but when i loaded it onto my S10 it still had an S9 interface, so effectively contradicting what they are showing it to be leading me to believe its not a genuine release.

With regards to the separate sections I totally agree, discussions are getting crossed and what is being posted is being confused for something else. I'm no expert but even for me I'm struggling sometimes to figure out whats what with each thread.

@ Bobby: Thanks, i will try this for my Openbox S9, although i was led to believe the Skybox was just another clone.

Last edited:

this firmware updates the nds in offical sly cards which hasnt worked since june works very well no probs so far s9 but workes well on the s10

Attachments

• Openbox_S9_nds.RAR
    1.7 MB · Views: 76

A full functioning 28.2E channel list with both Scoland & England regions
Fav Group 1 - Entertainment
Fav Group 2 - Movies
Fav Group 3 - Sport
Fav Group 4 - Music
Fav Group 5 - Documentaries
Fav Group 6 - Kids
Fav Group 7 - Lifestyle
Fav Group 8 - News
Fav Group 9 - Box Office
Fav group 10 - Shopping
Fav group 11 - Adult
Fav Group 12 - Preview

thanks for the channel list bobby123 - but mine only goes to fav 8 and doesnt show fav 10,11,12 -any ideas why ?

squig007

Firmware. Only the latest for the original boxes takes it to 32.

Back