Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote HD - £22.99 / Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote £27.99 - Order via Alexa @ Amazon

prim@l

DW Member +
Reaction score

Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote HD - £22.99 / Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote £27.99 - Order via Alexa @ Amazon​

'Alexa, order the Fire TV Stick 4K' = £27.99
'Alexa, order the Fire TV Stick' = £22.99

Nice one @joe516 . I never got my usual reminder from Amazon for some reason. Now that VM have gave me a hub 5 I ordered 2 x 4K Max Firesticks, living room and bedroom. My existing 4K stick with ethernet adapter will then live in my workshop. :p

The only downside when buying Samsung or LG televisions is needing these for the multitude of apps you otherwise couldn't have.

got this for the mother. The door bell was easy to install but a pain to setup as if you connect it to alexa it plays the alert at whatever volume you have alexa set at and as the standard door bell chime no longer works it means you may not hear the door bell if in another room or volume is set to low.

I needed to create a routine that will set the volume to MAX when the doorbell goes off and then set it back to medium after that message. Seems odd to me why the thing should bypass the old doorbell chime or not allow users to set the volume of the alexa doorbell chime without a routine.

Also seems stupid that you can not reduce the recording time after the bell is pressed to below 50 seconds. It means you can only get an alert every 50 seconds. If your outside putting clothes on the line when someone hits the bell and you miss it, you wont know they are there unless they wait 50 seconds to press it again. I can understand the feature but 50 seconds is way too long you should be able to reduce it further.

got this for the mother. The door bell was easy to install but a pain to setup as if you connect it to alexa it plays the alert at whatever volume you have alexa set at and as the standard door bell chime no longer works it means you may not hear the door bell if in another room or volume is set to low.

I needed to create a routine that will set the volume to MAX when the doorbell goes off and then set it back to medium after that message. Seems odd to me why the thing should bypass the old doorbell chime or not allow users to set the volume of the alexa doorbell chime without a routine.

Also seems stupid that you can not reduce the recording time after the bell is pressed to below 50 seconds. It means you can only get an alert every 50 seconds. If your outside putting clothes on the line when someone hits the bell and you miss it, you wont know they are there unless they wait 50 seconds to press it again. I can understand the feature but 50 seconds is way too long you should be able to reduce it further.
My daughter and her partner have one and and they have the alerts on their mobiles. Their phones chimes annoyingly until they answers it. They can also speak to the person at their door through their mobiles.

My daughter and her partner have one and and they have the alerts on their mobiles. Their phones chimes annoyingly until they answers it. They can also speak to the person at their door through their mobiles.
I have a wireless ring doorbell and it works on my echo show/chime/mobile all at the same time, but only rings once all on devices
the chime/mobile makes a sound plus video notifcation on the mobile but the show says "someone is at the front door" and shows video on the screen

Chime is upstairs, Show in the living room and mobile on me

I have a wireless ring doorbell and it works on my echo show/chime/mobile all at the same time, but only rings once all on devices
the chime/mobile makes a sound plus video notifcation on the mobile but the show says "someone is at the front door" and shows video on the screen

Chime is upstairs, Show in the living room and mobile on me

yeah same here but you can change the notification in the app as far as i know.

Thanks The specs of this seem decent so Im going to chance one of these even though it doesnt have a ethernet slot.

***UPDATE***

AMAZON!!! shows it delivers to me as i have prime and then "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order."

Why show this can be sent to ireland if it can't and ye allow me to get everything else thats prime.

Thanks The specs of this seem decent so Im going to chance one of these even though it doesnt have a ethernet slot.

***UPDATE***

AMAZON!!! shows it delivers to me as i have prime and then "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order."

Why show this can be sent to ireland if it can't and ye allow me to get everything else thats prime.
There's 2 versions, UK and international

There's 2 versions, UK and international
yeah maybe thats the case but it would be the first ever the UK version of something would not also apply for ireland from my experience. We have the same plug sockets but different broadcasters so maybe thats the difference.

NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro Streaming Media Player; 4K £159.00
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z6RD4M9?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_F7RRFMYXK8EZ4VBFJQXQ_1

NVIDIA Shield TV 4K HDR Ready Media Streamer Built-in Chromecast 4K Ultra £104.99​

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z6QQZPF?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_F7RRFMYXK8EZ4VBFJQXQ_1&th=1

Im looking for a new box are these actually worth it.

yeah maybe thats the case but it would be the first ever the UK version of something would not also apply for ireland from my experience. We have the same plug sockets but different broadcasters so maybe thats the difference.

Im looking for a new box are these actually worth it.
Yes it is but a FireCube is just as good, I have both

Back