FFFFFFlippin French, Satnav and Breathaliser

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not only are they insisting anybody who drives in france has to have a breathalizer kit in their car (see below) they have also introduced a law that you cant have a satnav with speed camera database on it..................

Breathalysers

On 1 March 2012 the French government confirmed that from 1 July 2012 drivers of all motor vehicles and motorcycles (excluding mopeds) must carry a breathalyser.

The regulation will be enforced from 1 November 2012 and anyone stopped after that date who fails to produce a breathalyser when requested will receive an on the spot fine of €11.

The official announcement states that one unused, certified breathalyser must be produced showing the French certification mark NF. Carrying two single-use breathalysers will ensure that if one is used or damaged, you will still have a spare to produce.

The breathalyser produced has to be in date - single-use breathalysers normally have a validity of twelve months.

Satnav and speed camera alerts

Since 3 January 2012 French laws have prohibited drivers from carrying any device capable of detecting speed cameras. This includes products or devices able to warn or inform of the location of speed cameras e.g. satnav or gps systems capable of showing speed camera sites as Points of Interest.

The law is primarily aimed at speed camera detectors and sat-navs. It is unlikely that the French police will turn their attention to atlases but there is no guarantee this would be the case.

As well as the ban on warning devices, the French government is installing around 400 new, unsigned, fixed speed cameras as well as taking down signs indicating the location of existing camera sites.

If you have a satnav capable of displaying French camera locations in France then you must at least disable camera alerts. Contact the manufacturer for advice too as a software or database update is likely to be available that will remove camera data for France from the device.

If you have a satnav system built into your car then contact the vehicle manufacturer in the first instance.

source AA

I wont be so polite as the poster above...

F*CK THE FRENCH BASTARDS

JUST ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE THEM AND YES I DO HATE THEM AFTER MY ONE AND LAST VISIT OVER THERE AND ANOTHER REASON SHOULD I NEED ONE NEVER TO GO BACK UNLESS WE ARE INVADING THE C*NTS.

ARROGANT C*NTS THE LOT OF THEM I DIDNT COME ACROSS ONE THAT WASNT.

SWEAR FILTER SAVED ME A BIT IN THIS THREAD.

If tapatalk would let me thommo, I'd have clicked 'like' :D

Sent from my telephone.

Places I go no-one bothers me - never been stopped in over 20 years...more interested in what the local authorities are angling for here tbh with their petty driving offences.

A couple of years ago we did a bit of a tour round France. in over 3500 miles we only saw 2 or 3 cop cars and only a handful of speed cameras. As I hadn't seen one before I wondered what the strange little boxes at barrier level on the side of the road were.

Mostly we travelled on b roads and not toll roads or motorways, and not so many tourist places ether.

I'm sorry Thommo but your post probably says more about you than the French, who I've found only to be polite and help full in all the many years of travelling there.

I wont be so polite as the poster above...

F*CK THE FRENCH BASTARDS

JUST ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE THEM AND YES I DO HATE THEM AFTER MY ONE AND LAST VISIT OVER THERE AND ANOTHER REASON SHOULD I NEED ONE NEVER TO GO BACK UNLESS WE ARE INVADING THE C*NTS.

ARROGANT C*NTS THE LOT OF THEM I DIDNT COME ACROSS ONE THAT WASNT.

SWEAR FILTER SAVED ME A BIT IN THIS THREAD.

Not too racist then ;)

I dont care much about the sat nav or Breathaliser, Its the hairy armpit women i can't stand lol :puke:

Back