Fed up with P*ce!

_Phat_

Inactive User
Reaction score
I now have two dead P*ce 4001's (88:88 and the dreaded TUNE) both have been unreliable from the start.
I would like to try a Dreambox but have a few newbie questions if you chaps don't mind:
1/ If I buy a Dreambox who is the most reliable/cheapest supplier.
2/ Having got my box is it OK to flash it straight away with Liam's new image or do I have to flash with a Gemini or Neutrino image first.
3/ I have a Lan at home is it OK to flash the box over that or is it better to setup a crossover direct to a PC.
4/ I have read about picture freezes on some images does this happen often.
5/ If the box is unplugged for whatever reason does anything complicated have to be done to re-start it.

Any and all help gratefully recieved.

_Phat_

1.dvb is the best supplier ( link to it in one of the stickys)
2.Liams image is a neutrino and on this is flashed all you got to do is scan 4 channels
3.its ok but alot simpler with a direct cable.
4. depends on the image not a problem at all just try another.
5. no probs at all.

hope that helps m8

cheers

An excellent decision mate to move over to the dreambox..... you'll be laughing when you realize how much of a fool you were to bother with the pace boxes once you've purchased your brand new shiny dreambox.

DVB-Online is currently the cheapest supplier as kabzy_mabzy says. Also have a look around the forum for other suppliers as they may have advantages/disadvantages over one another.

Once you receive your box it will already contain a cut down version of enigma. Dream Multimedia call this their 'official image'. Its basically crap, so flash my new UK02 image straight over the top of it and the job is done. All you need to do after that is a service scan.

I also have a LAN and have no problems flashing with routers, switches, wireless connections and firewalls. If any problems occur, then try using a crossover cable. But you should be ok :)

You also mention picture freezes.... I have never seen this on a dreambox EVER.

And finally, if the box becomes unplugged for whatever reason then all you have to do is plug it back in lol, simple as that :)

Welcome to the dreambox community m8
Liam

Gentlemen thank you :)
I do have one further question tho if flashing over a network is it best to use the Dreambox Control Centre or Flash Wizard.

Many Thanks

_Phat_

its generally regarded to use the dreambox flashwizard for images but for little files i use flash fxp ( the one used with the dbox)

cheers

Thanks very much M8,

I still have Flash installed from my FTP days.

I guess all that remains now is to deplete what little remains of my post Christmas credit card.

Thanks again

_Phat_

flashwizard pro just drag and drop easiest way to flash.you can download flashpro from dw downloads.with liam on board we can look foward to some solid images....: :Clap:

Back