Fecking job references

uproar

Inactive User
Reaction score
How are you meant to get a job in this day and age for the first time. even temporary jobs they require at least 2 references which cant be from friends or relatives. i cant even get a reference from college because my parents moved house when i was 17 so i had to quit college. has anyone else had or having any similar problems.

Don't know how long ago you left school, but maybe a schoolteacher, or your doctor if he has known you for a while.

I dont have a doctor. the last time i went to the doctors was when i was about 3.

just do what most people do get a m8 to give you a referance or the local window cleaner milkman ect say you worked for them and was mint and you left to further yourself ect :)

why not do what ive done in the past, just ask a friend to write one, get them to say you have worked with them in xxx job for xxx time. they cant proove any different. As the law stands your not allowed to give a bad refrence so references are a bit of a joke anyway.

just do what most people do get a m8 to give you a referance or the local window cleaner milkman ect say you worked for them and was mint and you left to further yourself ect :)

hi m8 the college will still have a record of you and that you had to leave so go to there student services offce and still ask for a statement of attendance.

Some people actually pick a small company whats gone bust and write one from there :)

I'm gonna get my first job soon, I hope to win them over not from references, but charisma. Just be really impressive when talking to them.

Say to them, you dont have any references, but if they just give you an interview they will see you are perfect for the job.

Back