Faulty Ds Lite, can anyone help?

theorical

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

Ive got a ds lite thats developed a fault, when you turn it on the top screen flashes once then goes off.
Ive had this before with others and its normally a faulty top screen so I replaced it but still have the problem, Ive checked the fuses which are ok so now Im out of ideas.

Id be very great full if anyone could shed any light of other things to check for
Cheers ;)

Your top screen isn't connected properly. You need to make sure the ribbon cable is in as far as it can go and is straight before closing the black bar down.

It can take several attempts to get it right.

Hi mate it's not always the top screen you could have a fault with the bottom one. The ds' will light up for a second with the green light on then flash the screen then go off. Just check all your connections incase they are loose. Have you dropped it? or is the hinge broken? Or has it been wet, damp etc? It won't be a fuse I can guarantee that. Maybe you have another ds or know someone with one you can borrow for a minute and swop the bottom screen as thats the easiest one. If it works all well but if it doesn't then it's deffo a top screen. Get a new one from ebay or dealextreme.com(cheaper).

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Ive repaired loads of these with blown fuses and faulty top screens.
Its not the connections as ive checked them over and over, ive not however checked the bottom screen. Ill do that tomoz and see how it goes, ive got plenty of screens so thats not a problem.
Never had a faulty ds that stumped me before, mind you i have had them when the person has swore black was white that it hadnt get wet then ive opened it to find droplets of water inside! so you never know, this could be liquid damage.
Ill post back after trying it with a new bottom screen.
cheers ;)

If you don't have any luck after checking the bottom screen then look for any damage in the top screen ribbon cable. I pulled my hair out for days once until I noticed a small tear in the cable.

i've got 1 similar to this - it gets green light when switched on then straight off again when charger on sometimes get white flicker then off repeated over.any ideas - cheers by the way where do you get the 3 pin screwdriver to open ds.

i've got 1 similar to this - it gets green light when switched on then straight off again when charger on sometimes get white flicker then off repeated over.any ideas - cheers by the way where do you get the 3 pin screwdriver to open ds.

This is probably going to be the same problem as the one above more than likely one of the screens.

I had one that had me stumped for a while, I didn't think of cleaning the dried coke off the bottom of the contacts LOL... once I cleaned the contacts on the ribbon cables up it worked a treat, somebody on here put me on the right track.

Check your cables are plugged in correctly, failing that look for any water damage. Should show a white powdery residue on the board. Some times cleaning will sort it out, but you might have to resolder some connections or failing that take it to a shop that does chemical bathing.

Consider the costs involved and sometimes its worth biting the bullet and getting a new one.

-=AD=-

Back