fat32 format

hi no still no joy
see the apps folder is it just the wadmanager_v17 i put in or is it all with the license,read me as well
what am i doing wrong

yeah or just the wadmanager_v17 dol file not the folder named wadmanager_v17 just the file goes into the apps folder. same with the ios249(57) WAD. the wad FOLDER should contain the ios249 wad only .

hi done all that still not working but when i go back to the tutorial for configurable usb loader easy setup (fat32)
and the files i down loaded for that

wii backup manager
extract to usb device
extract to sd device

if i put the files from extract to sd device on sd card and put in wii go to homebrew channel click start the wad manager comes up so i was thinking would it be the files for the ive got dont work? or im just thick i dont know

hi done all that still not working but when i go back to the tutorial for configurable usb loader easy setup (fat32)
and the files i down loaded for that

wii backup manager
extract to usb device
extract to sd device

if i put the files from extract to sd device on sd card and put in wii go to homebrew channel click start the wad manager comes up so i was thinking would it be the files for the ive got dont work? or im just thick i dont know

h**p://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNOIQ06Y change ** to u know what

this is the one i used. put it in the folders for u so just unrar to ur sdcard. fingers crossed

so do i jusr unrar it to sd card
or do i separate them

u need to put them into folders. apps and wad again. sorry i uploaded them in the folders for u to d/l from megaupload but the link not working.

its still not working most be the files i cant be that thick it sounds so easy but it wont work

try putting the cios 249.wad into the wad folder of extract to sd device from the tutorial you mentioned since that wadmanger is working it should see the 249.wad file

edogg

try putting the cios 249.wad into the wad folder of extract to sd device from the tutorial you mentioned since that wadmanger is working it should see the 249.wad file

edogg

hi can you talk me through on what to do please if i use the wad folder from the tutorial which is wad manager 1.5, do i have to change the wad file to (wad manager1.7) or just leave it as 1.5 and do i put the cios249(57) in the wad folder?

UNDATE
ive just tried the files from the tutorial on the sd card and as i said before they work wad manager 1.5 comes up on homebrew.
so using the same files i removed the wad manager 1.5 and replaced it with the wad manager 1.7 in apps folder then i replaced the cios249 with the cios249(57) in wad folder then put it in wii went to homebrew and it didnt work so it most be the 1.7 wad manager file am i wrong? please help me its doing my head in

Last edited:
Ok i think your homebrew channel needs to be updated i forget do you have modmii 4.3.5 if so start it up and choose virgin wii in the wizard when you have all the files on your sdcard go through all the steps in the guide that comes with modmii and then the homebrew channel should ask if you want to update say yes it should then work with wadmanager 1.7
and cIOS 249[57] v20

edogg

its 4.3 so do i have to go to the wii 4.3 step by step guide again and do it again from start

Last edited:
just checked modmii and i would say it is not virgin
then euro
next page yes download active ios
next 4.1( reccommended)
next any or all whatever you want
next yes
next yes
next yes
next yes
next yes
next yes
this is the check page yes will confirm your download files other options self explanatory
hope this helps as it will also give you a step by step guide to follow

edogg

sorry where do i find modwii?

do i have to load it with loadwii if so what files sshould be on sd card

Last edited:
modmii is a windows program that downloads all the files needed to mod a wii you then copy them all to your sdcard and run it from the homebrew channelView attachment 55316

i dont know what wrong it doesnt pick that up either in the homebrew channel.
but when i put the 2 files for the wad manager 1.7 and when i turn wii on and the main meun comes up i click on the loadmii icon (loadmii usb homebrew) and the start loadmii v 0.3 comes up and if i press a to open its comes up wad manager 1.7
so why doesnt the other homebrew channel not work cause it wont even pick up the modwii file
should i just try and redo the wii from start again?

do you now have modmii and have followed my post run it from windows choose the wizard and go through what i explained it will redo the wii mod to 4.1 with a working upto date homebrew it should the be able to access your harddrive if not then use wadmanager 1.7 to install the cIOS 249[57] v 20

what usbloader are you using i reccomend configurable usbloader 60 it has been linked on here in other posts

how do i find out what usbloader i have?
ive treid to use the modwii but its the same problem as the wad manager1.7 ive put the modwii file onto sd card but its the same the homebrew channel wont pick it up theres nothing there

modmii is a windows programme run it on your computer when it has downloaded all the needed files you put those files on the sd card not the modwii

how are you trying to load games from the harddrive ?
your original question was about how to get the wii to read the harddrive I suggest when you have run modmii on your computer and updated the homebrew channel you install configurable usb loader 60 use this file i have changed the boot.dol to cfg60
View attachment 55320

modmii is a windows programme run it on your computer when it has downloaded all the needed files you put those files on the sd card not the modwii

how are you trying to load games from the harddrive ?
your original question was about how to get the wii to read the harddrive I suggest when you have run modmii on your computer and updated the homebrew channel you install configurable usb loader 60 use this file i have changed the boot.dol to cfg60
View attachment 55320

ive got the haard drive sorted for the games i use the usbloader most off the games work but black opps doesent work so it was suggested to use wad manager 1.7
but there most be a reason why the homebrew dont work ??? im sorry for bein a pain

Back