Falcon - Nand-x - Just shows Black Screen when Booting

He has to rename freeboot image to updflash then insert in usb and start xell and it will flash image to nand

Yep, another flash drive. It is fat/fat32 filesystem?

I use rawflash 4 and stick the nandflash.bin on it.

Yeah he's copied over nandflash and elf over to the USB key.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9

What do you mean mate

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9

It doesn't say that in the guide mate?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9

On the screenshot posted, xell is trying to determine the usb device and assumes it is fat but not going further. He is trying another deice,but we need to have a device in fat32/fat16 format.

Failing this, he can use the nandx and program that way. 5 Minutes tops at it is only 16MB

On the screenshot posted, xell is trying to determine the usb device and assumes it is fat but not going further. He is trying another deice,but we need to have a device in fat32/fat16 format.

Failing this, he can use the nandx and program that way. 5 Minutes tops at it is only 16MB

not going further

same probs guys slapped a old flash usb stick in formatted all fine Fat32, did the NanD got 1 error but over 50 ect , end of the day it was the Flash drive at fault not me strange ?

plus best checking your solder points make them nice and clean and in the correct area

just trying to knock the probs i had first and take it from their :")

Certainly looks like its not Fat32 to me

Thanks guys for all the input, just waiting to hear if he's found another USB stick, and has it formatted to fat32 or using rawflash to format the stick.

He's copied over nandflash.bin and xenon.elf to the usb stick so he's close! Just has to make sure it's formatted to fat and is a compatible stick.

Last edited:
cheers, well he says that he's formatted it and checked and double checked but he don't have another USB key to use. So he'll just have to wait until he gets his hands on one I guess. Looked for that program and I can only see partition recovery (unless it comes as part of that, I'll tell him to download it)

yeah thanks man, he's got his nand-x as he read his nand in the 1st place, after he's created the image then what would he do to write it? (Only reason I ask for is all the guides show creating the image and flashing it in xell)

must be some thing wrong with the USB key as that program says that it's formatting it and yet all the files are still on the USB stick, he's going to get another one.

Back