fake text message

dannyboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a message last night from +07046759751 sayed customer annoncement you have a new years delivery waiting for you please call 07046759751 now to arange a delivery so i did call it and it took £2 off my calling credit so i think its a scam any one else had the same message

dannyboy2 said:
got a message last night from +07046759751 sayed customer annoncement you have a new years delivery waiting for you please call 07046759751 now to arange a delivery so i did call it and it took £2 off my calling credit so i think its a scam any one else had the same message
i had one simialar but not from that number saying that i had won a big cash amount and i got to ring a 0906 number but i dont bother with these i just delete them and dont ring

EXACTLY, there all scams. especially 09 numbers.. premium rate

i get those things all the time, as per sharpe1983 i just delete the buggers

dannyboy2 said:

If u are with Orange it will happen now and then.
Had problems with them received msgs from +070....... which took credit each time i receved on of them msg.and when i called custommer services they told me to call that number.
Sh** no i cancelled my payg sim and switched to voda

hardic said:
If u are with Orange it will happen now and then.
Had problems with them received msgs from +070....... which took credit each time i receved on of them msg.and when i called custommer services they told me to call that number.
Sh** no i cancelled my payg sim and switched to voda

070 prefix is a called PERSONAL NUMBER and is a revenue generating number i.e owner of the number gets paid percentage of call cost. you cannot however be charged for receiving a text msg from an 070 number as you cant send messages from a 070 nuber its just a reroute number

I would like to point out that not all personal 070 numbers are revenue generating ones, the YAC number service uses 070 numbers and the user gets nothing in return - they are slightly higher in call charges for the caller but thats it.

I myself use one of these numbers on flyers that I distribute because of the way mobile services are these day you never know when a number change is round the corner, which would mean changing all my flyers as well when you can simply just reroute the personal number to the new.

however there are many 0845 and 0870 revenue numbers available.

Thanks

Chas

Last edited:
Thats an additional problem with these scams isnt it? I know I wont be taking the risk and calling any 070 numbers!

Back