f3s getting fta but all others scrammbled

leecnnr

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all any help would be great getting most fta channels but all others saying scrammbled was working fine until sunday then all of a sudden just came up with scrammble getting to stage now where im thinking a big hammer might fix it again any help would be great thanks in advance

server issue

pay server? or local

new to all this no idea i bought it with 12 month guarantee but the guy wont even answer his phone now i can see in one section its saying login then changers to offline and the one above it says offline just seemed strange that it just went off in middle of football on sunday any help. pulling my hair out now well what i have left of it

two things come to my mind
sky have and are still doing a lot of tp upgrades which means channels are moving to new frequencies so if you forget your channel listing which is now out of date due a full sat scan which should bring in the new frequencies then delete the old and add the new sky will be doing this a lot over the next couple of weeks so you may have to do this a few times.
secondly as bhoywonder has said it could also be your line provider if all $ channels are affected .
sounds like you bought box as a plug and play ? its a gamble we on here hate as its a ripp off you may have had your monies worth and the line is no more so you need to find another line provider all these guys do is buy a lot of boxes in from china about £30 a pop stick a sub line on which costs em about £20 t0 £30 leech other peoples work for channel lists etc and pass it off as there own and sell em for about £130 on the likes of facebook/ebay.
try hard rebooting as well do that channel scan then reboot the box by turning off at the mains for 5 mins and do the same to your router sometimes this can solve a network issue
good luck

thanks halfman will give it a go and you hit the nail on the head with price and place

just another thing could it be satalite as its now searching k_turksat 1c ?

dont know how but box has just started working thanks for the help all again dont know what i did but :)

are you motorised or fixed dish ?
if fixed dish im going from dreambox theory never owned f3 but you have to select in set up menu your sat 28e for uk .
what is the signal reading

im on fixed dish signal intensity 90% quality 74% only thing wrong now is channel list is all over and fravs have gone

you scanned 28e channels ok ? this means channels are up to date now
did this make a dif to your $ channels ?

getting all $ channels now there just all over the place.

well thats the main thing you have your pictures back :proud:
you may have to rescan a few times over the next couple of weeks .
first thing to always do is check your leads ethernet etc then hard reboot especially if left sat box router homeplugs left on all the time
as said earlier you could manually update your favs by ist deleting ones that do not work and adding the ones that do im pretty sure this can be done by remote control
but glad your back up and haven't been ripped off

Moved it from Sky UK forum to here as now that your channels are back you may need more specific help going forward :)

Guys,

As you may or may not know... i love doing favours for folk!

I had a Skybox F3s which i replaced with my DM800HDSE... which is fine!
I sold F3S to my landlord...good/bad move not sure yet??
I had a C:Server (i'll call it) worked fine!
i have since installed N:servers on all my boxes.. DM800hdse/F5s and also my old F3s... former both working no bother!!
F3s is not liking N:server showing Offline/Login
Lines are spot on!!...what am i doing wrong??
I installed it as Newcamd ..all good
is there something ive missed in the set up?
ive even tried networksetting DHCP/on/apply
cant remember name of file under network setting but option are HTTP/FTP
when i switch it to FTP
username:anonymous
password:*******
it asks for URL which is already there
then search.....fails to connect.
Please help if poss or i may end up on the streets for Chrimbo!!...joke!

Guys,

As you may or may not know... i love doing favours for folk!

I had a Skybox F3s which i replaced with my DM800HDSE... which is fine!
I sold F3S to my landlord...good/bad move not sure yet??
I had a C:Server (i'll call it) worked fine!
i have since installed N:servers on all my boxes.. DM800hdse/F5s and also my old F3s... former both working no bother!!
F3s is not liking N:server showing Offline/Login
Lines are spot on!!...what am i doing wrong??
I installed it as Newcamd ..all good
is there something ive missed in the set up?
ive even tried networksetting DHCP/on/apply
cant remember name of file under network setting but option are HTTP/FTP
when i switch it to FTP
username:anonymous
password:*******
it asks for URL which is already there
then search.....fails to connect.
Please help if poss or i may end up on the streets for Chrimbo!!...joke!

any ideas @wiz569

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry chap.... It was just a case if deleting old line replacing with a known working line then simply putting old line back in.
Think I just rejigged skybox memory into what it needs to do.
Hope that makes sense and helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back