external hdd 2.5

F7 MJS

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi wanted to use old hdd out of a dm box to use as usb external hdd my zgamma star 2 wont accept it I think because it is a scsi hdd can it be converted to sata thanks F7MJS

Hi wanted to use old hdd out of a dm box to use as usb external hdd my zgamma star 2 wont accept it I think because it is a scsi hdd can it be converted to sata thanks F7MJS

What DM box was it out of all the HD models used sata.

Hi it was out of my dm800 hd pro clone cant see anything on hdd to say what it is it is a Samsung hdd during setting drive up I thought I saw scsi during initialling just got half way through set up and stopped tried several times f7mjs

Hi it was out of my dm800 hd pro clone cant see anything on hdd to say what it is it is a Samsung hdd during setting drive up I thought I saw scsi during initialling just got half way through set up and stopped tried several times f7mjs
Put the drive in a usb caddy Cheap off ebay it should work fine. Cant see it being a scsi . I use a 2.5 hdd in a usb caddy on zgemma with no issues

BLACK 2,5" SATA TO USB HARD DRIVE LAPTOP XBOX EXTERNAL CADDY HDD CASE ENCLOSURE | eBay

Hi got it in usb caddy when going through set up get to select swap manager get to where tells me to wait after couple of seconds it tells me I have not selected a swap file any help please

Hi got it in usb caddy when going through set up get to select swap manager get to where tells me to wait after couple of seconds it tells me I have not selected a swap file any help please

If it was out of a 800 then its a sata laptop drive not scsi.

If that is a unpowered caddy that could be then problem. You need to use device manager to mount it.

Back