Extend EGP beyond 1 day?

alwynrm

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is it possible to record to PC, a program 3 or 4 days into the future?

Hi Folks,

Although I've been using this board for a couple of years now, I've never until now, found the need to post anything on here.

The reason? There's always someone one step ahead of me, in terms of getting things set up that little bit better, that I fortunately, can just 'follow'.

Well, it seems that my luck as finally ran out! I'm struggling with a problem, that despite extensive use of search, I cannot find any answer to.

I'm talking about how to browse the EPG forward in time beyond one day. The reason? I've got recording working, and I'm looking forward to recording Top Gear (starting this Sunday!), but I'm away on holiday, and therefore would like to set my program guide to record today!

Sky users do this - so why can't we?

Can anyone help, or shed any light on how we might go about solving this?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work everyone!

Al

: multi :

As far as i know cable only transmits 24 hours epg on every channel hence the dbox only gets 24 hours i know ntl transmits 7 days but it's 24 hours on every channel and the rest on only one if you use a normal ntl box as soon as you go past 24 hours it auto changes channel to get the rest it would mean getting the dbox epg to change channel also

i in the past set a manual timer to record and it has worked as long as you got the right channel and right time set kin manually it should be fine.
go into the timer menu by pressing the blue button then yellow then its green for a new timer

good luck!

If you have a subbed box they usually put top gear on demand to you have an extra week to watch it.

Back