excellent booster

Could it be attenuation if the signal is only getting 76%?

If it can i'll be buying one of ebay soon

have you tried another box on the same line???

Just to rule out a tuner problem in that box.... if 2nd box states same signal strength then you know its your line for sure.

have you tried another box on the same line???

Just to rule out a tuner problem in that box.... if 2nd box states same signal strength then you know its your line for sure.

I'm going to try a different boxhe same line later today, don't see how the signal could be too strong if it don't pick up all the channels on a scan?

Just got a new piece of coax from a virgin media engineer and its doing exactly the same, it must be the starview? don't want to phone virgin media and ask them whats up since i'm running a starview and a hacked modem :D

"I bought a Dbox for a friend in Derry it arrived the other day, I went down and installed it and done a channel scan no channels at at where picked up although in my house in Belfast I am able to get every single channel. Do you think if I bought one of these yellow boosters it would solve the problem in my friends house in Derry?"

r u sure his area recieves digital?

Yes I am very sure they have ntl internet, and they have the old ntl gerold box and they have the blue box outside the house that says NTL and the green cabinet that also says NTL on it is at the bottom of the street, so yea VERY sure they recieve NTL in the area as 95% of N.Ireland (aparantly) is on it.

I hate to bump this thread, but I just thought I needed to thank the heads up for this excellent device (yellow booster).

I just got one, and can get the lot with 0 BER on any channel (running DW 1.6.5).

The gain and slope are turned up full out of the box. This gave me a massive BER on all channels, with no services showng. After turning both down, and using a bit of trial and error, i managed to get all channels at 0 BER. Even the dreaded ITV2!

I couldnt be happier. Now to sell this SLX on ebay. Note to forum: do not buy one.

Another cool feature is you can actually fine tune the slope and gain pot meters while watching a suspect channel!

Managed to fine tune my weakest channel this way!

The Neutrino image even draws a nice graph for your showing BER etc

Last edited:
got to say it is the best 1 i ever bought

I meant to add that the slope AKAIK is there as an attenuator. So you can boost and control your signal to your hearts content.

I am just really impressed with this thing.

If I was buying now I would deffo go for 60-70 clone and a yellow box. 100 notes for full TV, and it even helps your broadband.

Yellow Brick great piece of kit and got me a few extra channels + no more drop outs with Setanta ;)

Back