Excel help please?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 worksheets which each contain similar data. I want to now have a 4th worksheet with the data from all 3 other worksheets on it consolidated.

These are havin new data added to them each day and I just want a quick way of having a full list rather than having to flick through 3 separate sheets.

How do I do it?

you can reference cells on the other sheets in the work book to appear on the fourth sheet. You can do this in pretty much anyway you want i.e. you can show just parts of them or you can replicate the whole sheet.

You should give the other three work sheets names first, so that you can identify them on the fourth easily.

Run a Pivot Table of the 3 worksheets select multi ranges (e.g. slect range in sheet 1 add then same range in sheet 2 add then 3 add) this should update then everytime it is refreshed

Easier way rather than having lookups and have to ensure your capturing everything in the consolidation

Basic example:

If you want the value of cell B2 in sheet2 to be shown in cell C5 of sheet4, you can have something like this:

In sheet4, cell c5 type:

='Sheet2'!B2

surely he wants his consolidation sheet to update as the other sheets are updated if this is the case it would take him to long to use this method of cell referencing

dont know why you just dont copy and paste all data from all sheets into one the sort accordingly

lots of ways to do this but i would not recommend cell referencing as it is a pain in the backside especially when updating all the time

I would agree about the pivot table, especially if there are large amounts of data involved.

If there is only a small amount, lookups should suffice.

Decided to make just one sheet and filter it, seemed easier.

Thanks though guys.

Back