EX7000 HD - First impressions.

Is it possible to put video (hd even better) on a mem card and play it on this ?

yes, but has to be in .trp format. a few guys on another erm forum, are experimenting with this at the moment, i have the box, and can confirm that it is FANTASTIC :drink:

Is it possible to put video (hd even better) on a mem card and play it on this ?

As a 'stop gap' just rename the .trp files to .mpg and they will play in media player.

:)

Some jaggedness is apparent but I think that is due to interlaced/progressive settings, but I am experimenting more.

Messa

Sounds interesting!... it would be so cool if mp4's or something could be converted.

We Bought one and waiting for delivery cant wait.
should be better than my old 4010n and 4001n

:drink:

So which bit of what I said is 'crap' then, I would be grateful if you told me (only in your opinion of course) which bit I said is untrue?

'Plug and play' refers to the fact that it came ready with latest firmware, I plugged it in, scanned and erm, played.

Mine came with the latest f. ware too, I did 4 or 5 scans before it finally decided to give me the option to save channel data, and I followed the instructions to the letter. Having to unplug everything else on the cable feed and connect the box primarily suggests a weak tuner in my book, never had to do that with Dreams, DBox2’s Starviews etc

You do not have to change settings, install an ftp client, buy a crossover cable, flash an improved image etc etc.

The info that comes with the box tells you the latest f. ware is installed

The fact that it still has a few glitches because it is only the second firmware update is accepted by most people who are able to appreciate its potential.

So why was it released onto the market with these glitches, are you honestly saying they didn’t know about them ? when peeps on here create new images for the Dreambox and DBox2 these kind of glitches are resolved in a couple of weeks or even days.

Are you telling me that the very first image for your current box is the one you are still using ? Of course not, and that is because you updated to improve.

Yes I am still using the 1st image that came with the box because it came with the latest on it, as you would expect. Did I say I had updated ? read my post again

And to say the box isn't plug n play because you don't like the remote is somewhat bizarre.

I didn’t say that either, again read the post, I said it was “tacky” and it is. I think your understanding of English is bizarre.

Its not perfect but its on its way.

They said that about the Replay box………and maybe the Titanic.

And going back to my first point it was a breeze to install, it was in fact, plug and play.

And going back to my 1st point it wasn’t, and it wasn’t in a lot of other peoples book, go on Techwatch and do some reading there.

@Dingodog, why do you keep trying to point people over to techwatch, they are on here, they are expressing opinions, now it seems a few have this box and are happy, you are not as it seems, thats your opinion, messa is just giving his view, I really dont understand your argument here, are you feeling left out in some way?? Are you someone who needs to have an e-argument with someone now and again?? He gave his opinion, now let it go, others are saying the same thing as him, great box, superb box etc etc, so someone must be doing it right, hey, lets ask you, your signal strength ok, your connections ok?? From my past experience, some eurovox boxes needed a really good signal, some wouldnt find all the channels using a splitter, had to scan straight from the main input, or at the very least use a signal booster etc etc, any amount of reasons why it wouldnt pick up on all channels.

Now either leave a proper comment on the box instead of an attack on someone giving others some info on this box, or just dont bother, as it seems no one is listening to what you are saying and buying them anyway, I have 2 ex5000 pvr's, they are great boxes, will update to one of these later, no point at the mo till more hd channels and rumours of more attempts to disrupt viewing channels, and i think i speak for a few on this topic, if you dont like the box, fine, you have had your say, let it go, however, i get the sense you will now target me. I wouldnt bother, I have said my piece and thats the last you will hear from me.

'Plug and play' refers to the fact that it came ready with latest firmware, I plugged it in, scanned and erm, played.

Mine came with the latest f. ware too, I did 4 or 5 scans before it finally decided to give me the option to save channel data, and I followed the instructions to the letter. Having to unplug everything else on the cable feed and connect the box primarily suggests a weak tuner in my book, never had to do that with Dreams, DBox2’s Starviews etc

You do not have to change settings, install an ftp client, buy a crossover cable, flash an improved image etc etc.

The info that comes with the box tells you the latest f. ware is installed

The fact that it still has a few glitches because it is only the second firmware update is accepted by most people who are able to appreciate its potential.

So why was it released onto the market with these glitches, are you honestly saying they didn’t know about them ? when peeps on here create new images for the Dreambox and DBox2 these kind of glitches are resolved in a couple of weeks or even days.

Are you telling me that the very first image for your current box is the one you are still using ? Of course not, and that is because you updated to improve.

Yes I am still using the 1st image that came with the box because it came with the latest on it, as you would expect. Did I say I had updated ? read my post again

And to say the box isn't plug n play because you don't like the remote is somewhat bizarre.

I didn’t say that either, again read the post, I said it was “tacky” and it is. I think your understanding of English is bizarre.

Its not perfect but its on its way.

They said that about the Replay box………and maybe the Titanic.

And going back to my first point it was a breeze to install, it was in fact, plug and play.

And going back to my 1st point it wasn’t, and it wasn’t in a lot of other peoples book, go on Techwatch and do some reading there.

@iliveinuk
I have pointed people to Techwatch because there are a lot more posts there regarding this box and the probs it has at the moment to help them with any set up problems they are experiencing and get them through. I have said that the box has a lot of potential and I do believe it has, my 1st post gave my opinion of the box and imho the attack was on that opinion, so if you like I gave as good as I got. I don’t come on here to have as you say an “e-argument” and neither have I ever felt left out of anything, I come on here because I enjoy the support and help that you get. I’m not going to answer to your childish comments starting your 2nd chapter but it is fair to let people know the good and bads of any new product on the market when they are parting with their hard earned cash, if I have offended anyone with my comments I apologise, but people are entitled to hear the good and the bad of anything. And that’s the last of my comments on the matter except for well done when the glitches are ironed out.

Well mine has arrived and im slightly disappointed it dosnt look as good as the marketing piccys.
Yeap its a pnp to program just put the flash file on the root of the usb stick and switch on.
perform a ezsetup and thats all it needs.
mine found 300+ channels sorting will be a nightmare.

Picture quality 1080i not as good as the V+ on my Panny 46PZ81B but loads better than the old 4000 / 4010n boxes I had before.

It freezes on a ppv channel and you have to manually switch off the box at the rear and switch on, nothing major.

Is it worth the £180.00 inc postage..

If you have a V+ naa not really, wait for a few months.
If its your first HD box and you have the readys then yeah, itll be nice to have a hdd built in, and maybe twin tuners.

need to get a null modem to try the program to sort out the listings and favorites.

Well mine has arrived and im slightly disappointed it dosnt look as good as the marketing piccys.
Yeap its a pnp to program just put the flash file on the root of the usb stick and switch on.
perform a ezsetup and thats all it needs.
mine found 300+ channels sorting will be a nightmare.

Picture quality 1080i not as good as the V+ on my Panny 46PZ81B but loads better than the old 4000 / 4010n boxes I had before.

It freezes on a ppv channel and you have to manually switch off the box at the rear and switch on, nothing major.

Is it worth the £180.00 inc postage..

If you have a V+ naa not really, wait for a few months.
If its your first HD box and you have the readys then yeah, itll be nice to have a hdd built in, and maybe twin tuners.

need to get a null modem to try the program to sort out the listings and favorites.

no need for a null cable. back up channels to a usb pen drive, install STBM.zip from toolbar, is a channel editor, resave to pen drive, upload back to box, job done

performed a deep installation and instead of finding 278 channels it found 960.

What the hell are these chanels
I have loads of these

BICS
and
0:CH

Do I need them.

Yeh it finds many doubles for me too and sometimes tripples LOL, full scan seems to do a better job.

Can I ask does anyone else have trouble with 720p mode ? On mine it flickers really badly, it's really noticable if I look at the channel logo and if a channel has a small top and bottom border I can actually see the picture jumping up and down at the borders with the flicker, much worse than evenan old CRT :(

It's not a good situation for me since the 1080i mode on normal sd channels looks over exposed with channel logos looking blurry and the picture as awhole looking like it has a vaseline filter.

It's not my telly I wouldn't of thought since xbox360's and Ps3's put out a perfect solid picture in 720p mode on it.

My firmware is 22-1-09 which doesn't seem to be available on the net and was wondering if the 8-1-09 firmware might cure it. I'm dreading the hassle of sending it back and getting a full refund.

edit..cracker666, i think those channels are 'red button' broadcasts etc.

Yeh it finds many doubles for me too and sometimes tripples LOL, full scan seems to do a better job.

Can I ask does anyone else have trouble with 720p mode ? On mine it flickers really badly, it's really noticable if I look at the channel logo and if a channel has a small top and bottom border I can actually see the picture jumping up and down at the borders with the flicker, much worse than evenan old CRT :(

It's not a good situation for me since the 1080i mode on normal sd channels looks over exposed with channel logos looking blurry and the picture as awhole looking like it has a vaseline filter.

It's not my telly I wouldn't of thought since xbox360's and Ps3's put out a perfect solid picture in 720p mode on it.

My firmware is 22-1-09 which doesn't seem to be available on the net and was wondering if the 8-1-09 firmware might cure it. I'm dreading the hassle of sending it back and getting a full refund.

edit..cracker666, i think those channels are 'red button' broadcasts etc.

Yeah I thought about downgrading to the 5100pvr as my m8s look better, I hoping that new firmware will transform it to a reliable decent outputting box.

firmware look in the toolbar (bigmaq's)

yeah thought that and i was on one and topgear was on, it frooze and fastforwarded like on my subbed v+ box strange..

tried that STBM and sorted all my channels.
when I up them it wouldnt take.
Ill get a null modem from work 2morrow

tried that STBM and sorted all my channels.
when I up them it wouldnt take.
Ill get a null modem from work 2morrow

Make sure to set 'auto sorting' to none for the edited list to work.

On different note, I was changing a splitter a while a go and I'm getting shocks off the cable coming from the ex7000, this means bad things I guess ??? does anyone have any advice ?

Make sure to set 'auto sorting' to none for the edited list to work.

On different note, I was changing a splitter a while a go and I'm getting shocks off the cable coming from the ex7000, this means bad things I guess ??? does anyone have any advice ?

m8 thats normal

Back