EX7000 HD - First impressions.

did another deep scan and found 1060 this is mad.
we should have a compo for the most amount of channels found

can someonme upload a pic of the screen quality please

Hi i heard its a good box but I dont no about it being a bench mark need to check 1 out for myself hope it hasent been cloned yet

for the PVR aspect i was just wondering what hdd and case you guys use? for example...:
2.5 or 3.5"?
HDD caddy with or without cooler?
Sata or IDE?
and finally whats optimum size 1tb?

for the PVR aspect i was just wondering what hdd and case you guys use? for example...:
2.5 or 3.5"?
HDD caddy with or without cooler?
Sata or IDE?
and finally whats optimum size 1tb?

Hi pal, I use a 500gb SATA 3.5" in an Icy Box without cooler

The drive can take way more than I can ever hope to watch, its plenty.

:)

If FAT32 then rememeber that there is a max file size of 4gb. Does the box auto split as if it goes to record a file larger than 4gb then it will be corrupt I believe.

cheers guys 500gb it is then. I have to fat32 format it right?

Silly question just read a little and there it was Fat32 it is!

Last edited:
Mines finally arrived...just a quick check , i assume the 120309 is the latest firmware? also do i just flash it straight out the box or set up the FTA stuff first then flash?

Last edited:
woohooo:banana: ive put on the 22-1-09 and all working :proud: what does the 230309 improve?

Messa, spot on mate. i love my ex7000, yeah granted, does have small issues with favourites, false signal strength issues, but does exactly what it says on the tin....

i have said this before, but believe this box will be the benchmark for all other boxes. watch this space

I HAVE ONE OF THESE BABIES, AND I LOVE IT. LOADS , (WELL 6) OF hd CHANNELS COMING ON NOW...lol........

woohooo:banana: ive put on the 22-1-09 and all working :proud: what does the 230309 improve?

??? don't know but i would suggest it has some form of update on it..........

What the hell are these chanels
I have loads of these

BICS
and
0:CH

Do I need them.
BICS YES there used when the olmpics/world cup/euro/wimbeldon are on to broadcast the BBC's interactive channels. 0:CH im not too sure...

And has anyone managed to successfully use STBM i simply cant get it to upload everytime i install the new channel file the fav button just doesnt show what its supposed to...

And has anyone managed to successfully use STBM i simply cant get it to upload everytime i install the new channel file the fav button just doesnt show what its supposed to...

using the stbm isnt my problem mate , its pretty much straight forward , its the freezing of the epg that seems to come with the channel file i create that does me in , lol , so ive ended up just doing it throught the menu which takes ages but it was worth it in the end .

as for the favs on the stbm im pretty sure its capped as when you set up the channels and favs manually , you seem to get alot more chanels in your favs than when you do with stbm software . thats just my experiance of it , so hope it may help ya . also when i did it manually i deleted alot of channels that i dont use and never would so maybe thats free'd up some of the system so more favs can be added .

verdict of stbm

STBM has a lot of cool features and info but could be alot better and doing it manually seems a better and stable option at the mo , but good idea and hope theres a better release of it soon , and hopefully a firmware update aswell , fingers crossed , lol

nice will be good too see how this box compares to the new krytview hd pvr box since apparantly thats 150-170 quid and already the picture qualitys pretty good in hd and non hd when upsaled to a hd set via hdmi.

The more competition the better :)

wa going to get one this weekend stock dpendant, might hold of for the new kryptview any views???

Back