Eurovox importer raided ???

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The following is a quote from another site regarding the main Eurovox supplier into the UK !

Hi people just want to share some information i received today from a reliable source in the Uk there has been a major raid in the uk by Virgin Media and the Police they has been some people arrested during these raids and the main dealers in the Eurovox (rayynonics) empire have also been arrested what this is going to mean there will be no more Eurovox to be had as they have closed the main supplier down i dont know why this has not been made public as yet but i think people have the right to know and cover their backs should this go further during their searches of their Pc and they will be able to trace suppliers who will in turn have there pc taken away and then the suppliers contacts and buyers will also be known

I dont know what this is going to mean for further releases of firmware or updates for this box maybe there will be some news on this shortly or they could just be keeping this quiet until they can nab a few more people as they will not be aware of the raid and catch them by surprise i hope this information is of some help maybe they can pass this on to other forums as well so they are also made aware of the raid

VM cannot raid anybody. The boxes are FTA. It's only when you put software on them they are illegal.

Being closed source boxes I suppose its also true that the manufacturer must be complicit in the supply of all software. I would presume the main importer has a hand in specifying this software and perhaps its evidence of this that Police/VM are looking for !

if vermin have done this they might even go after main blokes of other boxes.if they stop the main mateys then there would be less boxes in circulation.or someone else might start importing them you never know

tbh, VM would be better off simply modifying the streamdata to make it non-standard and non-complient with the dvb standards. That would turn off all non official boxes.

Ex official boxes could be equally easily dealt with by not allowing them to request necessary updates.

If vm were really determined then they could make life very difficult.

Well, that statement seems to confirm that their have indeed been raids of the importer but it also looks like its been written by someone who's either very close to the importer or not very knowledgeable about the boxes !

The software itself was not made by Rayyonics. So in regards to the software element of things, i am sure the Enthusiasts will keep this going. Much like the Enigna & Neutrino team have done for the Dreambox.

erm, its nothing like Enigma or Neutrino. The software for this box is closed source. Its not enthusiasts that add the Cam's its the manufacturers. They make the boxes available with limited functionality software to get around various laws and allow sales but also "provide" the full functionality software and the means to flash the boxes with this software.

Taking the Rayyonics website down has actually safe guarded everyone that has placed an order through it. If the website is not available, the customers order details are also not available. So there is no need to panic.

That doesn't seem to make much sense. Why would taking a website down safeguard customer order details. One would assume that someone within this company has already gathered the relevant data for fulfillment !

I'm not sure what the Police/VM intend to do by raiding this particular importer but i'm sure they have a plan of some sort. They usually dont do this stuff without some reason !

I would expect there to be some visitations to the smaller level traders who have bought stock from these importers. If I were them i'd make damn sure that there are no pre-programmed boxes anywhere close !

Last edited:
.That doesn't seem to make much sense. Why would taking a website down safeguard customer order details.

My thoughts exactly!! Surely the police can demand to see these records if required

They are a registered with Companies House. They have an import/export license. They are VAT registered & use a business bank account.
They sell all there stock blank also, they are not breaking any laws.

I would think VM/police would know all of the above before the raid!!

Being closed source boxes I suppose its also true that the manufacturer must be complicit in the supply of all software. I would presume the main importer has a hand in specifying this software and perhaps its evidence of this that Police/VM are looking for !

For reference, 2 high profile arrests recently in the North West, lead to NFA (No further action) against the alleged culprits.
This was after VM has such evidence as Test purchases from the traders by VM investigators, these were Eurovov/Starview bought physically over the counter.
Also during the arrests Police found and confiscated various PC's with Software/instructions,etc

So it seems they have difficulty even with such evidence to get The Crown Prosecution Service interested.

Back