eurovox got no power

delboy13

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have an blue eurovox but when i plug it in it shows no power does not even go in to standby i have attached pictures i think it just needs jtagging but can someone check photos and let me know for sure not that technical on electronics thanks

just had a look at the pic on the power supply. I cannot see the capcitor number very well ( maybe c14) It looks if the top is raised. If it is the change that as this will be your problem.

tmc

You are right TMC, this is a defo C14 cap gone !, i have done a few of these,if you want a cap PM me and i will post you one for the postage.

Starman

Check left hand side of D301 for 3.2v (bottom left hand corner of main board, between the 2 ribbon cables), if not then you need to replace C14.

As the lads above say it does look like C14 is blown, but its hard to make out from the photo's.

Dolphin

looked at the c14 definatly raised pmed starman thanks for all your help

got c14 replaced atlast thanks to starman for providing me with one still no lights on the front tried a power board from another working eurovox still the same do i need to jtag this now. ps when i connect with scart to tv it is not detected

Delboy sounds like it needs jtagging now,give TMC a message he will sell you a jtag and disk with all the files and instructions on it.
any more help ask m8.

The Starman

received jtag today tried jkeys saying unknown device and skymax is saying unable to open parallel port

i know its not the done thing but scrap it m8 , you could be throwing money after money at it.well that's my theory , least you've had a go.

used a different pc jtagged it put new firmware on eurovox is up and running atlast thanks to everyone for helping me out

Back