Eurovox EX7000 HD+ Subtitles

1HOWiE1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all,

Am thinking of buying the Eurovox EX7000 HD but before purchase i need to know what the subtitles are like on it.
My partner is hard of hearing and we require a box with the subtitle function. We had a starveiw box which was rubbish for subs, then i got a eurovox v which was slightly better, but still many channels had no subs and many were very intermitant (missing blocks of subs randomly).
Could someone with the Eurovox EX7000 HD please tell me what subs are actually like, wether they are on most channels and if they run fluently.

Many thanks

HOWiE

I got this box and couldnt find any sub for any channel, unless I am doing something wrong, but I cant turn the subs on.

hmmm.......well i was reading some other posts, and alot said they couldnt get rid of the subs on certain channels. So am sure that subs do work (for some channels at least).

There is a option for subtitles in the menu, I will give it a try tonight for you.

I gave it a try, but it doesn't seem to show up on my screen. Can somebody else give it a go?

This could be a bug in the firmware.

right then text button didnt work it did on the 5000's
some channels got sub but not many
shame cuz i was really hoping they sorted that out on these boxes
as i rely on subtitles too
the old max boxes were the best for subs imo
so is it worth getting a 7000hd for subs alone NO
for the picture then i would say YES
with a bit of luck when the new firmware comes out(if it ever does)
subs might be sorted but i doubt it if i was honest

Damn it, really hoping the subs would have worked. Oh well guess ill have to wait until some more HD boxes hit the market.
Thanks to all who tried for me :O)

Damn it, really hoping the subs would have worked. Oh well guess ill have to wait until some more HD boxes hit the market.
Thanks to all who tried for me :O)

This is so wierd, I rebooted my box and now all subtitles are working fine! :)

I think a reboot is required to make them work.

really? On a few channels or most?

Are they consistant? or do they run fast/slow, miss chunks of text out?

really? On a few channels or most?

Are they consistant? or do they run fast/slow, miss chunks of text out?

I tried a few channels, BBC and Sky Movie channels... all of them had subtitles. They were pretty consistent. I will perform some more tests tonight for you.

Back